Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USAF M4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    As an aside, hit that Matech rear sight with some Aluminum Black to get rid of that Picatinny logo. I can't stand that giant billboard on the side of their newest production sights.

Shut your dirty heathen mouth, I was there when the jerk off base commander wanted to rip down the cannon gates at Picatinny Arsenal!!!! That is no giant billboard, that is living history. The Arsenal is a fascinating place, with live ordnance still scattered across its grounds, and wonderful things still happening. Sure lots of civilian engineers have contaminated the place with their ideas worse than the infectious heavy metal ground water found there, but who doesn’t like the drop tower, or the work the EOD guys do there?!

Take off the gates..... how dare you sir.

End of rant.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In regards to the above rant, I’m fully aware no one has any idea what I’m talking about with almost any of it. I’m good with that.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I want to make a USAF M4 ..... I want an Air Force clone because that's the branch of the service I served in.

Thanks!

First off, sorry for the above rant. Secondly, thanks for being one who served. Thirdly, do you want a clone of what you carried, or do you want a clone of what a certain AFSC/ MOS is carrying now? Base cops / security teams are carrying something different than what PJ and CCT are carrying, and all of them are typically carrying something different than a reserve air wing refueler gets issued.

Two types of people in the USAF ( and other branches), those who carry weapons for a living, and those who don’t.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    In the USAF in the 1980's (overseas), Security Police and convoy commanders carried the GAU-5/A's. For whatever reason, they weren't very highly thought of. My shop chief called them "Mattels".
    This is a throwback comment toward the early days of the M16. Going from the M14, soldiers called the Mattels, making a pun of the name insinuating the weapon was a toy.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    First off, sorry for the above rant. Secondly, thanks for being one who served. Thirdly, do you want a clone of what you carried, or do you want a clone of what a certain AFSC/ MOS is carrying now? Base cops / security teams are carrying something different than what PJ and CCT are carrying, and all of them are typically carrying something different than a reserve air wing refueler gets issued.

Two types of people in the USAF ( and other branches), those who carry weapons for a living, and those who don’t.
    No apologies needed....some will understand you point and some will not.

My thanks to all that served. Wife worked with & deployed alongside TACPs while at Ft Riley. Most have no clue that the Air Force has such individuals.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Shut your dirty heathen mouth, I was there when the jerk off base commander wanted to rip down the cannon gates at Picatinny Arsenal!!!! That is no giant billboard, that is living history. The Arsenal is a fascinating place, with live ordnance still scattered across its grounds, and wonderful things still happening. Sure lots of civilian engineers have contaminated the place with their ideas worse than the infectious heavy metal ground water found there, but who doesn’t like the drop tower, or the work the EOD guys do there?!

Take off the gates..... how dare you sir.

End of rant.
    I'm not advocating for the tearing down of any gate, or removing the heavy metals from the drinking water. My issue M4 didn't have a logo on its' rear sight, and I don't want any of my personal weapons to have one either. IF I over stepped my bounds then I apologize.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I already have the type of gun I carried in the Air Force. It's in a tool box next to my drill motor and the roll mark reads "Chicago Pneumatic 4x" and I've used it to shoot hundreds of thousands of rivets over the years. I was the second type of Airman- Those Who Didn't.

I'm interested in doing a current issue USAF M4
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    GAUs Ive seen had fixed carry handles. Ever thought of slappin an AF logo on the right side magwell?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I already have the type of gun I carried in the Air Force. It's in a tool box next to my drill motor and the roll mark reads "Chicago Pneumatic 4x" and I've used it to shoot hundreds of thousands of rivets over the years. I was the second type of Airman- Those Who Didn't.

I'm interested in doing a current issue USAF M4

There are a few different models which are current issue for the USAF.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I'm not advocating for the tearing down of any gate, or removing the heavy metals from the drinking water. My issue M4 didn't have a logo on its' rear sight, and I don't want any of my personal weapons to have one either. IF I over stepped my bounds then I apologize.
    It was in jest, though a Col seriously did try to have the Cannon gates torn down, and the other parts are true as well. I can understand the want for a sterile/ "as issued" piece of equipment.
    Stick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast