Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7.62 options (silencers)

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrullon87 View Post
    Have you checked out OSS? I just bought the 7.62 helix QD and it rocks on my scar 17. Little to no blowback into the chamber, they claim about 139 at shooters ear but I find it slightly quieter than my buddies surefire RC2 which is supposed to be 137db. We were shooting 147gr standard mil ball. Weight is reasonable and construction is solid. You can also use it on your 5.56/300 BLK. No first round pop noticeable or flash at all.
    I would take the Helix QD over any other suppressor on the market right now, especially for a semi auto.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Might be pricey and doesn’t get much attention but the Sig SRD 7.62 Titanium is worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkasangrunt187 View Post
    Might be pricey and doesn’t get much attention but the Sig SRD 7.62 Titanium is worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a bunch of cans and once they are on the guns and I am shooting, I don't notice much difference. I just put my ancient AAC 7.62SDN on my RPR and it worked fine. I like the Sig cans pretty good and their SS 7.62 is stout and pretty compact in design, smaller but heavier than the Ti model. Either would be good.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    The 7.62 Mini is surprisingly OKish on short 5.56's I think, but you're not going to mistake it for a larger or 5.56-specific can.

I'm going to cough up what might be an unpopular opinion: Sico has historically great customer service, and I hope and expect they continue to. But ...

- Their build quality took a huge nosedive with the 41F rush and the subsequent slump, although I haven't seen any of their most recent stuff to get an idea if it's recovered. Cans with fingerprints in the cerakote, soft muzzle devices, etc. Comparing the same model can made a year or two apart is pretty telling.

- I am extremely unimpressed with the Omega in particular. It sounds great on a lot of rifles, but I honestly think they told people "X barrel length" and "full auto rated" knowing that most people wouldn't actually use them that hard, and if they did the design would facilitate relatively easy warranty service. It would be nice to swap mounts without the outer sleeve coming off, and what is under the sleeve looks like it was finished with a belt sander. I think it would be a decent value for a light, good-sounding can if it was $500-some bucks. At $800+ plus stamp, I don't see how the value is there when compared to other options on the market.

I bring this up because a lot of people like their Omegas, and it's hard to have a .30 cal can discussion without them coming up.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boltcatch View Post
    The 7.62 Mini is surprisingly OKish on short 5.56's I think, but you're not going to mistake it for a larger or 5.56-specific can.

I'm going to cough up what might be an unpopular opinion: Sico has historically great customer service, and I hope and expect they continue to. But ...

- Their build quality took a huge nosedive with the 41F rush and the subsequent slump, although I haven't seen any of their most recent stuff to get an idea if it's recovered. Cans with fingerprints in the cerakote, soft muzzle devices, etc. Comparing the same model can made a year or two apart is pretty telling.

- I am extremely unimpressed with the Omega in particular. It sounds great on a lot of rifles, but I honestly think they told people "X barrel length" and "full auto rated" knowing that most people wouldn't actually use them that hard, and if they did the design would facilitate relatively easy warranty service. It would be nice to swap mounts without the outer sleeve coming off, and what is under the sleeve looks like it was finished with a belt sander. I think it would be a decent value for a light, good-sounding can if it was $500-some bucks. At $800+ plus stamp, I don't see how the value is there when compared to other options on the market.

I bring this up because a lot of people like their Omegas, and it's hard to have a .30 cal can discussion without them coming up.
    It was an interesting can at the time and for it's modularity. That being said, I agree with everything you said and believe the market has moved on. It would not be on my list today unless you need the modularity.

Feedback Score
    Im not considering modular cans for this purpose.
    Im leaning heavy towards SF due to poi shift, and durability, and compatability.
    To go another direction, I need a good, use-based reason- like significant weight reduction with no drawbacks.
    I guess some comes down to sound. I hear horror stories about the mini being loud with 300blk, but no complaints for 308.
    Is the signiture/sound reduction competitive on 20”+ barreled 308/6.5 guns?

Fwiw, Im happy with my mini556 on an 11.5” barrel.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I would definitely go after either a sandman s or the new nomad from dead air. Both will give you predictable poi, durability through the roof, and both work great on 556 guns; especially if you change out the end cap. The nomad reminds me of a Q can but I dont need to hold my nose to purchase. Also, the tone on the dead air cans is very hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The sandman S looks good. Then again its similar weight/size if the 762 minisocom.
    I like the idea of stelite baffles on the sandman.
    Nomad is SS and Ti. I thought those materials for light duty silencers. I wont be doing multiple mag dumps, but could a Ti silencer stand up to FA?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    The sandman S looks good. Then again its similar weight/size if the 762 minisocom.
    I like the idea of stelite baffles on the sandman.
    Nomad is SS and Ti. I thought those materials for light duty silencers. I wont be doing multiple mag dumps, but could a Ti silencer stand up to FA?
    No idea with the dead air but my SIG 762 Ti has been beat to hell with multiple mag dumps and classes through it (556, 300blk, 762). No worse for wear at all. Definitely one of my all time favorite cans that has an excellent tone.

Feedback Score
    Tbac looks interesting. Id be willing to give some ruggedness for half the weight.
    The sig is still 17oz, besides db, what does it offer over the socom?
    Interesting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast