Thread: Want A Small Frame AR10. Which One? Build Or Buy?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Want A Small Frame AR10. Which One? Build Or Buy?

Want A Small Frame AR10. Which One? Build Or Buy?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Which receiver set can you buy to build a small from AR 10?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Maybe OP is talking about the DPMS gen 2 AR frame??? Or OP is a bit confused what round does OP wish to shoot?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are you talking about the POF revolution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    Are you talking about the POF revolution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DPMS release a small frame ar10 a few years back that a few other companies have adopted. I beleive the POF is shorter front to back than a typical small frame.

There are a few companies making guns on the DPMS Gen II pattern:
    DPMS
    Remington
    Zev
    F4 defense
    Adams Arms

Rainier makes barrels and I believe that F4 defense sells receivers

DPMS seems to be the only ride in town for the rest of the parts at the moment.

This is all of the top of my head so feel free to correct me.

As for what to do to get one. I would look into the Zev. They should start shipping soon and their rifle business is still on point from the MEGA days.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 11-06-18 at 23:56.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Today I ran across some product announcements that this year, F4 Defense has been shipping new small-frame AR10's that are interesting for a few reasons: DPMS Gen II compatibility, making high quality optional components (like Proof CF barrels) available, and some of the lightest complete rifle builds I've seen while still following DPMS II pattern and using solid components. For instance they have a 6.5 CM build with a 22" Proof barrel weighing in around 7.5 lbs. This with a Sub 3/4 MOA accuracy guarantee on Proof barrels, sub 1/2 MOA on their SS, and a lifetime warranty.

Really not interested in any of the other companies in the list of DPMS II pattern builders, but if anybody has had a chance to try out any of the Zev or new F4 rifles, would be really interested in a range report or better yet, a detailed review. Not much out there on these rifles yet. I've been on the fence and wanting to get a 'beyond 5.56' AR. Options have been either AR10 or a 6.5G build--and up to this point leaning to the 6.5G to stay on the AR15 platform with milspec parts, and weight and cost savings, not to mention reduced recoil in a carryable hunting gun. But if quality lightweight AR10's are coming available on the DPMS II pattern, definitely would raise my interest. But I don't wanna be the early adopter to drop $3300 on an F4 in 6.5 CM. It seems like you see a lot of AR10 smaller frame builds that initially sound good with the specs (like POF), but they often end up getting bitten by lot of reported reliability issues.