Thread: My new Surefire X400 Ultra

Feedback Score

My new Surefire X400 Ultra

Hello everybody

Yesterday I received my new Surefire X400 Ultra Laser/Light Module and I'm completely satisfied with it! My expectations are more than exceeded!

The craftsmanship is of the highest quality and I have not discovered a single flaw, although I meticulously searched for it. The thing just seems to be indestructible and yet it is extremely light. The operation is simple and the controls work smoothly. There is nothing jerky! No little bit! 8th-)

It should be added that the Pic-Rail assembly of the X400 Ultra is absolutely awesome! After my field test of about 150 rounds yesterday (you can find the link of the video below), the finger tightened screw of the assembly only moved marginally and the zero of the laser was not influenced by it at all.

So the mount is another clear praise to Surefire - good job! If you compare, for example, the installation of the Surefire XC1 (which I once had) with the installation of the Surefire X400, there are big worlds in between.

I chose the red laser because the laser color only makes a big difference, if you have weak eyes. Fortunately, my eyes are sharp like those of an eagle. But it should be said that this laser is definitely NOT a TOY! It is strong and you have to be careful with it! Surefire seems to have really gotten everything out of this 5mw laser.

The light is also absolute madness. These 600 lumens of white light could illuminate a whole house! The quality of the light is breathtaking and being dazzled by it is extremely unpleasant.

Under the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek2VVsnjVQc you will find the small, already mentioned above, practical test.

Greetings from the beautiful Switzerland
    Last edited by swis_tac_life; 11-02-18 at 17:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by swis_tac_life View Post
    I chose the red laser because the laser color only makes a big difference, if you have weak eyes. Fortunately, my eyes are sharp like those of an eagle. But it should be said that this laser is definitely NOT a TOY! It is strong and you have to be careful with it! Surefire seems to have really gotten everything out of this 5mw laser.
    IME, the green is absolutely far better; this makes sense from a physiological perspective, too, due to how green sits in the middle of the human visible spectrum. While the laser on my X400 was more than sufficient in a low light environment, the difference becomes apparent in well-lit indoors condition, while in outdoor sunlit environments, my X400UH-GNs simply trounce the X400 when to come to laser visibility, despite both being 5 mW rated. This can easily be verified by the fact that green lasers will generate a visible solid beam to the target much more easily than a red laser of equal power, due to the increased sensitivity of the human eye to the green laser's illumination of the dust and other particles in the air.

And unlike the green lasers of the past, the SureFire green lasers are not a product of frequency doubling, so the battery life and thermal performance do not suffer compared to their red counterparts.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 11-02-18 at 10:26.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Sure, green is more visable to the human eye and I would never say, that's not true but for me personally, the red laser is good enough by far. I would have payed 200 Bucks more for the green one and for me, the difference from red to green is just not worth 200 bucks.

I can see the red laser very crisp even in bright daylight and in a dark environment it is impossible to overlook it.

So in the end it looks like this to me: If the green laser is worth 200 bucks more for you, then don't hesitate getting the green one.
    Last edited by swis_tac_life; 11-02-18 at 10:49.