Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Golden Saber

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive found the Golden Saber 45ACP 230gr load to be very underwhelming, in terms of both accuracy & velocity. Like everything else from Remington in my opinion,
    it just sucks.
    From my Glock 41 10 rounds
    HI:854
    LOW:821
    ES:33
    AVE:832
    Only HP round that failed to go into battery in my G41. Accuracy was below average as I recall, but did not record in my notes. As for ME- Id rather have a Ball load as that crap. All the gel tests Ive seen were un-impressive also.
    I just do not f with anything Remington anymore. Its a shame, they are 4 miles from home.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The new Black Belt upgrade is supposed to fix the issue of core separation.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I just do not f with anything Remington anymore.
    I don't take samples every year, but I agree. Rem's .223 ammo has been crazy bad... no neck tension on batches, etc. I've had a few blown primers/malfs in .223 that were just shy of kabooms.

Even their rimfire ammo is trash. That stuff misfeeds auto loaders like crazy.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't take samples every year, but I agree. Rem's .223 ammo has been crazy bad... no neck tension on batches, etc. I've had a few blown primers/malfs in .223 that were just shy of kabooms.

Even their rimfire ammo is trash. That stuff misfeeds auto loaders like crazy.
    Brother- it is SO bad. Honestly..I wont allow it in my home. As one who grew up with most things Remington..guns & ammo..im PISSED at what theyve allowed themselves to become.
    Your friend Pappabear has a great thread on the Remington 788 rifle I just responded to. PRIME example of craftsmanship and a great rifle that even back in the 70's was considered low cost but not "cheap". Gave $212 for my in mid seventies. Now, I wouldnt own anything theyve made in the last 10-12 years, ammo included.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I carry handloaded gold dots, GASP!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    Two out of three cops carry them because that's what they're issued. If they were issued slingshots, that's what they'd carry. Thank you, Ayoob.

I'm examining the Federal HST loads. If this doesn't work out. I'm just going to start with the Hornady JHP and load my own carry rounds. At least then I'll always be able to get more. And I'll be able to train with what I carry.

Actually, the more I think about it, the better loading my own rounds sounds.

I was wondering where Golden Saber went is all.

I went looking for it the other night and couldn't find it.
    Whether or not they use them because that's what they are issued doesn't change the fact that they are dead nuts reliable. I never shot Glocks until I started my current job. We run Glock 17s on our tac team and I personally carry a 19 off duty. In the thousands of rounds I've put through each, I have never once had any kind of malfunction with either one regardless of what I've fed it but I digress.

Anyway, from everything I've read the Golden Saber round has been a good round for a long time. While newer bullet designs may be "better", I think it is only a marginal difference. Load up and shoot whatever ammo your gun shoots reliably and accurately. Many people have been killed with ball ammo, don't get hung up on picking the "best" defensive load as many of the modern hollow points perform very close to each other.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123