Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Saber

Feedback Score

Golden Saber

What happened to Golden Saber? It used to be what Springfield recommended for their Milspecs. Talking to them today, now they recommend Federal Ball.
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.
    Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    What happened to Golden Saber? It used to be what Springfield recommended for their Milspecs. Talking to them today, now they recommend Federal Ball.
    Just outdated tech that apparently was never redesigned to catch up to modern bullet tech. I don't know if Remington came out with something on par with modern rnds made by other companies such as Federal, etc.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Leads to the question what are folks carrying in 1911 mil specs.
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Feedback Score

Remington Golden Saber

It is still listed on Remington's website.

https://www.remington.com/ammunition...ber-black-belt

Try google or ammo seek

Golden Saber .45 ACP is listed in stock at Lucky Gunner and Sportsman`s Guide.

It`s supposed to be a pretty solid round. FBI used to issue it for the SWAT/ HRT 1911's if I recall correctly. I've only used the .357 magnum 125 grain load. It was pretty effective on a large breed dog (pitbull) with a body shot.

I don't know about low tech, because .45 hollow point is going to punch a big hole.

I guess that I`m old school because I carry Federal Hydro Shok rounds in my .45 pistols.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Like every erstwhile wunderslug, it was a death ray, until this month's new flavor came out, at which time it became fit only for defense against chipmunks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does it matter what SA recommends? Has anyone ever asked a manufacturer what they recommend? Has anyone asked what Beretta, Sig, HK, Glock recommends?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiDevil View Post
    It is still listed on Remington's website.

https://www.remington.com/ammunition...ber-black-belt

Try google or ammo seek

Golden Saber .45 ACP is listed in stock at Lucky Gunner and Sportsman`s Guide.

It`s supposed to be a pretty solid round. FBI used to issue it for the SWAT/ HRT 1911's if I recall correctly. I've only used the .357 magnum 125 grain load. It was pretty effective on a large breed dog (pitbull) with a body shot.

I don't know about low tech, because .45 hollow point is going to punch a big hole.

I guess that I`m old school because I carry Federal Hydro Shok rounds in my .45 pistols.
    The terminal ballistics between modern JHP in typical duty loads is minimal which is why 9mm has made the comeback it has. Bullet tech has progressed a great deal even since Saber and Hydro Shok were developed. If one has a 1911 so picky it will only run Sabers and FMJ, I wouldn't ever own one personally. My 1911s ran well on just about everything I fed them within reason, and I ccwed Gold Dots when I ccwd 1911s. My mil spec Colt ran great also. Your mileage may vary.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Does it matter what SA recommends? Has anyone ever asked a manufacturer what they recommend? Has anyone asked what Beretta, Sig, HK, Glock recommends?
    I ask because if it doesn't run, I'm going to ask them to fix their gun.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Your mileage may vary.
    Yeah. It does.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ask because if it doesn't run, I'm going to ask them to fix their gun.
    There's a dozen other options. You don't even know why they recommend it! Could be lawyer talk for all you know.

What if it doesn't work with Golden Sabers but works with Gold Dots or HST?

This is the only time I ever heard of someone asking a modern manufacturer what they recommend.

Honestly, I don't think anyone here carries millspec 1911s.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 11-01-18 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah. It does.
    So you're already having issues with the gun?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast