Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to deal with young hard headed liberals?

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

How to deal with young hard headed liberals?

Went to Subway today. The guy who made my sandwich, asked me if I had already voted. I replied yes. He then says: Can I ask you who you voted for?

I said, its very unprofessional to talk about politics to customers- even for subway.

He then goes on for about 5 minutes, first saying "I bet your a Trump supporter" and go on and on and basically repeats himself. He must have said "trust me, this is what I am majoring in" at least 5 times during his speech. By the way, he goes to Dallas County Community College (Mountain View) where he is studying economics, foreign policy, business administration and political science. However, both Rice and SMU are interested in him attending there school next year. His words- Not mine! He also thinks Rice and SMU cost around $10k-$12k a year. He also thinks because he was on the BETO street team, that will lead to opportunities or open some big doors for him to pursue his dream job: being a staffer for a major senator or being on "some" committee where he is over public policy.

I didn't really say much but I did notice how he used both Bill Maher and John Oliver as sources on how Trump has hurt job growth, made our "GOP"- GDP go down 50% blah blah blah… I just listened because I didn't want to talk to him but I did very sarcastically say after his time was up: Well, hope it works out for you and if it doesn't, the world always needs sandwich makers.

Where do they get this? When did 19-20 year olds start thinking they know more about life than we do? Without having any life experience- other than the job making sandwiches at Subway, why do they feel like they have the answers? Why do they feel like what they say matters? It seems like when I was 18-22 back around 2000, I didn't talk politics, probably because I was chasing girls. But today, it seems like every high schooler is involved in politics and wants to have those grown up conversations.

How do you deal with these people if not just ignore them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Eh, he has probably seen Hoggboy and the bald headed lesbian on the tv and figured he would like that gig, too.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How do you deal with these people if not just ignore them.
    Experience.

When he’s buried in debt, can’t find that dream job and is working third shift at UPS, he has a 50% chance of realizing he was lied to by the Left.
    Last edited by Business_Casual; 10-29-18 at 05:28.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How to deal with young hard headed liberals?
    Wasn't that the impetus for the development of SS109/M855 in the 80s?

Seriously though, I find that kid's behavior outrageous. Customers are not supposed to be sounding boards for one's unsolicited political idiocy.

I think part of the "know it all" problem with that age group is simply the arrogance of youth but coupled with, and exacerbated by two decades of participation trophies and being told how special they are by their bourgeois helicopter parents.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How do I deal with them? I just don't get into conversations with them. If that were me I would have asked for my money back!

I'm just a customer, came in to eat not get a political lecture from a college kid. If you can't simply take my money and give me my sandwich then I'll go get one somewhere else and I'd make sure to let the owner know

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 10-29-18 at 07:06.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    How do I deal with them? I just don't get into conversations with them. If that were me I would have asked for my money back!

I'm just a customer, came in to eat not get a political lecture from a college kid. If you can't simply take my money and give me my sandwich then I'll go get one somewhere else and I'd make sure to let the owner know

I'm generally the type who just quits going to an establishment that pisses off vs complaining to the management, but the above incident might have annoyed me enough to actually do the latter.
    On the other hand I don't think I would have allowed myself to get drawn into a discussion in the first place. I don't come across as very approachable in public anyway so this particular situation of being lectured by some millennial "sandwich artist" Bolshevik I don't even know probably wouldn't even happen to me.

Feedback Score
    call the owner and corporate say how some kid started berating you about politics and ragging on me even though I said nothing like he was hoping for a argument
    lecturing me on how biz and life works

get his candy a$$ fired

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I'm generally the type who just quits going to an establishment that pisses off vs complaining to the management, but the above incident might have annoyed me enough to actually do the latter.
    On the other hand I don't think I would have allowed myself to get drawn into a discussion in the first place. I don't come across as very approachable in public anyway so this particular situation of being lectured by some millennial "sandwich artist" Bolshevik I don't even know probably wouldn't even happen to me.
    I'm the same way. I never complain to management but this case I would have simply because it's starting to be an epidemic with these sjw types. Time it starts to effect their wallets.

Feedback Score
    I would have simply explained to him that the MSM is a giant propaganda machine, he's been lied to and that he should look up the term "useful idiot" on his next break. And I would have shut him down long before he got all that non-sense out. Then, I'd inform the manager about his unprofessional behavior.

Ignoring this, failing to engage, and just walking away is how we've gotten to this point. Its much easier to ignore this sort of thing, and who wants to waste their time arguing with an idiot, but leaving it alone only makes it worse. I'm not saying to spend hours of your time in a futile discussion, but seeds can be planted fairly quickly. A simple: "Did you know unemployment is the lowest it has been since 1969? Yeah man, look it up. You are being lied to."

"Their" tactic is to keep us divided and hating each other. My tactic is to find common ground and unite against "them".
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Wasn't that the impetus for the development of SS109/M855 in the 80s?
    I was going to say a baseball bat... but that works too...
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast