Thread: Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    oops double post
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    26 inf did you contact geiselle about your mbc? I'd considered ordering on the Easter sale but never.got around to it, figured I'd try something different.
    Now I'm going to consider FCD option also.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by S10nova View Post
    26 inf did you contact geiselle about your mbc? I'd considered ordering on the Easter sale but never.got around to it, figured I'd try something different.
    Now I'm going to consider FCD option also.
    No, I did not. I'm sure they would replace it based on their warranty.

By way of explanation - as I've mentioned before I'm a lefty who is used to developing work arounds to use stuff designed for right handers. It is pretty much ingrained in me that to reload I slide my support hand back and hit the mag release with my right thumb, then get the new mag. After push/pulling the mag I just reach around and depress the bolt catch. Pretty standard off hand manipulation for righties, but the way I had done it every time.

Even though I have ambi mag releases on all my personal rifles, I rarely use them, and likewise, rarely use the bolt catch with my trigger finger. When I started shooting service rifle I noticed that during rapid fire reloads the MBC was harder to manipulate with my trigger finger than the standard catch. I think largely due to me getting lazy and not reaching forward far enough with my trigger finger.

Based on that, I've decided to go away from them. I'm still an ALG rail fan, and I use nothing but G gas blocks on my builds, so I'm not knocking Geissele.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-24-19 at 14:24.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I suspect it may have to do with the downward angle portion of what is essential now a lever of the MBC that makes it harder to press.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I suspect it may have to do with the downward angle portion of what is essential now a lever of the MBC that makes it harder to press.
    My conclusion also.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That portion tapers into a smaller surface area, when equal, or greater than the rest of the lever's surface area is needed. Pressure is concentrated in a smaller surface area is most likely the reason it's harder to press.

Steve, ABC/R thread has been resurrected
    Last edited by Duffy; 04-24-19 at 16:00.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    No, I did not. I'm sure they would replace it based on their warranty.

By way of explanation - as I've mentioned before I'm a lefty who is used to developing work arounds to use stuff designed for right handers. It is pretty much ingrained in me that to reload I slide my support hand back and hit the mag release with my right thumb, then get the new mag. After push/pulling the mag I just reach around and depress the bolt catch. Pretty standard off hand manipulation for righties, but the way I had done it every time.

Even though I have ambi mag releases on all my personal rifles, I rarely use them, and likewise, rarely use the bolt catch with my trigger finger. When I started shooting service rifle I noticed that during rapid fire reloads the MBC was harder to manipulate with my trigger finger than the standard catch. I think largely due to me getting lazy and not reaching forward far enough with my trigger finger.

Based on that, I've decided to go away from them. I'm still an ALG rail fan, and I use nothing but G gas blocks on my builds, so I'm not knocking Geissele.
    Even if switching over to FCD and aren't concerned with a replacement, you should send it back to G so they are aware of the issue and can have the opportunity for product improvement, sort of feedback.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Even if switching over to FCD and aren't concerned with a replacement, you should send it back to G so they are aware of the issue and can have the opportunity for product improvement, sort of feedback.
    That is a good suggestion. I'll get on their CS menu and send them a message.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234