Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch

Feedback Score

Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch

I ordered a Geissele Maririme Bolt Catch yesterday; I don't plan to board any ships; however, personally, it looks appealing for the following reasons:
    A. I think it would aid/promote (no substitute for training) a consistent and positive bolt release with and without gloves.
    B. It should benefit southpaws like myself.
    Anyone using this Geissele part? Feedback?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Last edited by patrolman; 11-02-18 at 08:06. Reason: add

Feedback Score
    I've been wanting to try one but haven't jumped in.

Those of you that have one: Does the lower paddle contact the receiver when the bolt is locked back?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrapmetal View Post
    I've been wanting to try one but haven't jumped in.

Those of you that have one: Does the lower paddle contact the receiver when the bolt is locked back?
    Not that I've noticed.

I am a lefty, they are all I put on rifles I plan to keep for personal use. You need to be aware that if you install one, the hammer pin has to be removed from left to right and installed right to left. You will have to angle the punch a little to get the pin started and you can't use a slave pin on the reinstall of the hammer pin.

The biggest drawback, IMO, is that you can't use the Forward Controls EMR-A with the Maritime Catch.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 11-02-18 at 10:50.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I have them on several rifles and really like them. I use KNS style pins, makes removal much easier.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m right-handed and do not wear winter gloves while shooting. I have a Maritime catch on one rifle, and it is OK. Realistically, I don’t think it is needed; or, at least you can get the Sig bolt catch with the slightly-larger lower section for less than half the cost of the Geissele.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for info.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a maritime on a couple rifles and a forward controls design on my newest build.

After having the FCD piece. I doubt I will bother with the maritime any more. The maritime just seems excessive now. Also I'm not shooting a wet gun with thick gloves on either.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As the guy that runs FCD and designed our EMR-A, I have written and posted my thoughts on our site http://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com...y_ep_53-1.html , it goes into detail as to why on our bolt catch, we kept the size of our ABC/R moderate and measured.

Bear in mind that ABC/R was a concept in 2011 that became production units in 2015 after I left Battle Arms, and predates the MBC by several years.
    Last edited by Duffy; 11-03-18 at 09:43.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kind of bringing this back from near death -

Has anyone broken a Maritime Catch?

The reason I ask is that I broke one today and don't know how it happened. I was practicing shooting transitions around a barricade using a poor man's sling ding (my fist wrapped around the sling) and when I went to reload, the upper pad was MIA. I don't think I bumped it against anything, kind of a mystery. I found the upper pad while I was policing brass, here's where it broke:

Attachment 56533

I'm not too worried, going to file it under shit happens, unless others chime in that they've broken them.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast