Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: COLT and Quality

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    The M4 feedramps are on the M4. They are not present on the M16A4. I believe Scottyran’s point in mentioning feedramps is that Colt launched an A4 clone that deviated from A4 specs.
    So it is kind of a "purist" thing...absolutely precise/identical copy down to the last detail, or not. I can see how and why a person expecting to have such a perfect replica would be bitterly disappointed by anything less than that.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    When was it made? For all you know that guns has been sitting on a distributors shelf or at the dealer for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I'm curious as to whether only certain models got BCG's that are not C-marked. I bought a 6720 within the last two weeks and it's good to go on all markings.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    This is probably the most likely scenario.

Here’s my run down:

Colt CCU purchased Jan 17 - C marked BCG

LE6920 (Magpul SL version) Nov 17 - C marked BCG and cage code on all parts inc CH

Colt SOCOM Upper 14.5 PW custom built by Colt through G&R - Dec 17 no C mark on BCG

Colt M4A1 SOCOM rifle (US Prop rollmark) - Sept 18 no C mark on BCG

Colt spare BCG purchased at G&R - Oct 18 no C marked BCG

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    When was it made? For all you know that guns has been sitting on a distributors shelf or at the dealer for 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Point taken. I'm literally standing here holding a BCG that I got directly from Colt in the mail yesterday and the bolt is marked MPC, but the bolt carrier does not have a "C" marking.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

COLT and Quality

All my non C marked bolt carriers do have MPC marked bolts.

I’ve always assumed the “C” in MPC stood for Colt. Can anyone confirm that?

With no more C marked carriers that would seem to be the only identifying Colt marking of the BCG.

ETA: I also have a few LMT standard BCG. LMT bolts are easily identifiable due to a few unique features but, like the “new” Colt carriers, there are no identifying marks either.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Point taken. I'm literally standing here holding a BCG that I got directly from Colt in the mail yesterday and the bolt is marked MPC, but the bolt carrier does not have a "C" marking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 11-09-18 at 11:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Reading the feedback over on the Bud's Gun Shop website, one guy ordered one of the new 2018 SOCOM's but says that the gun he received was missing the "PROPERTY OF US GOVT" markings and the barrel was dated 3/17. Sounds like one of the 2017 (?) models. He says that he's happy with it "as is" and is not going to send it back.
    That does sound like one of the 2017 SOCOM's. Other than not getting what he wanted, he is actually better of with that. There were only about 250 of those made in 2017.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FredL View Post
    Aren't the M4 feedramps an improvement on the AR design?
    No. They are not.

Chris explains this in great detail:

Start it at 11:20

Last edited by Artiz; 11-10-18 at 16:46.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very interesting thread. I would ask, are the rifles still built to the TDP? Specifically the 6920. Sure the markings have changed but does it still have individually magnetic particle inspected barrels and bolts? And M16 carriers? Made out of the correct materials? With in spec 5.56 chambers? Are the rifles still properly assembled, properly torqued and staked in all the right places? How do they perform? That's what really matters.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213