G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Gen5 Half Moon Cutout

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm mindful of anecdotes about manual and magazine safety saves. Still, they are outliers and I have no use or interest in an external safety on a DA/DAO service or CCW pistol. For an LCD, the downside may even outweigh the benefits. In a striker fired safety-less world, many curriculums don't even discuss safety manipulation. Instructor competencies in teaching safety lever management are fading. Heck, some can barely teach a decocking lever.

Glocks with manual safeties exist. I suspect that if any agency of enough note wanted them they'd have them. CONUS LE demand is likely too low to measure, probably the same on the commercial side as well.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    A safety is only useful on a weapon with an exposed trigger on my opinion. If the gun is in it's holster there is no need for a safety. The holster itself is the safety.

Just keep your damned booger hook off the trigger when unholstered. It's pretty damned simple. You wouldn't keep your finger on the trigger when walking in the woods with a rifle now would you. What makes anyone that should know better want to do that with a handgun?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Got it this week and shot 399 rds in a short period.
    Not 400, not 398. Exactly 399. LoL.

I just picked up a 19 Gen 5 MOS, shooting it for the first time tomorrow. Looking forward to watching it launch brass into the next county like guys are saying.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wtm75 View Post
    A safety is only useful on a weapon with an exposed trigger on my opinion. If the gun is in it's holster there is no need for a safety. The holster itself is the safety.

Just keep your damned booger hook off the trigger when unholstered. It's pretty damned simple. You wouldn't keep your finger on the trigger when walking in the woods with a rifle now would you. What makes anyone that should know better want to do that with a handgun?
    Your comment doesn’t fit the thread. The discussion is not about manual safeties preventing negligent discharges. They are talking about it providing an extra measure of time/protection if a bad guy gets the LEO’s gun away and tries to use it. Bad guy has to figure out how to make it fire and that might be enough time for the LEO to draw a second gun, escape, disarm, etc.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Not 400, not 398. Exactly 399. LoL.

I just picked up a 19 Gen 5 MOS, shooting it for the first time tomorrow. Looking forward to watching it launch brass into the next county like guys are saying.
    Meant it to be 400. I brought 100rds of Gold Dot. I brought enough for 2 additional mags to carry on the way home and forgot the plus 1 round so I shot 99 instead of 100 so I could load the plus 1. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    This is mostly answered by this:

Somewhere, I have a book written by Massad Ayoob where he says that he is personally aware of two or so LEOs whose lives were saved by the presence of a manual safety on their duty weapon(s). I believe that Todd Green† and Doctor Roberts have shared similar opinions on the availability of manual safeties on LE duty weapons.
    Well Massage is the Louis L'Amour of gun writers so he ought to know. Their actually have been a couple saves when officers were able to punch the mag release button and drop the mag enough on their 39 series Smiths in order to activate the magazine disconnect, and a couple when DA/SA autos with slide mounted safeties were carried with the safety engaged. I'm not really aware of any with frame mounted safeties.

So, lets put slide mounted safeties on our pistols, and equip them with magazine disconnects.

Even better let's start teaching empty chamber carry and the Izzy Draw.
    "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." - Henry Ford

“You are responsible for your actions, but the world doesn’t turn around you, so it’s important that you find something bigger than yourself to work for, a way for you to make a difference.” - Drew Dix, MOH VN '68

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Here are a some cases where a manual thunb safety *might* have made a difference. Okay, now back on topic, * Gen 5 half moon cutout *

https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...ies-on-or-off/
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-03-18 at 21:56.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Went to my LGS today to check their inventory, All current std model 19/17 in their inventory still have the notch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12