Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen5 Half Moon Cutout

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    While i recognize the usefulness of the cutout, its just too sharp for me. Is there anyone out there doing professional work to soften the edges of the cutout? The old have your cake and eat it too...
    This is something you should be able to do yourself. Just a little work with some fine sandpaper will take the sharpness off.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    This is something you should be able to do yourself. Just a little work with some fine sandpaper will take the sharpness off.
    Any professional shops doing it?
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    Any professional shops doing it?
    I'm sure any shop offering custom work on Glocks could do it. Or you could take some 400 grit sandpaper, tear off a strip, wrap it around a pen, and do it in about 30 seconds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any shop that works on plastic pistol frames would be able to do it.

Anyone advertising it as a service? Not that I've seen.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Anymore word on this since the conclusion of SHOT?

It doesn’t interfere with my grip on the 17.5 but I have fumbled a reload or two because of the cutout. I’d love a standard 19 sans cutout with or without front slide serrations.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ve read several more comments on various forums attributed to Glock reps since SHOT stating that future production runs will not have the cutout, but they don’t seem to want to commit to a date when they will start showing up. It sounds like it’s just a matter of time, so we’ll have to be patient and wait.

What seems less certain is whether all future production will include the forward slide serrations as standard. I get the impression that’s the case, but it doesn’t seem as solid.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I took a little sand paper to the cut out to knock down the sharp edges. I don't even notice it's there anymore. Manual safeties on a Glock are unnecessary IMO. So are the stupid mag disconnect type.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post

It doesn’t interfere with my grip on the 17.5 but I have fumbled a reload or two because of the cutout. I’d love a standard 19 sans cutout with or without front slide serrations.
    This is what Im afraid of. All risk no gain (get a bigger baseplate if you want to strip your mags).

What I really dont get is the front serration-hate. There are there to use, if you dont use them, I cant imagine how they harm performance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Gen 2 and early Gen 3 came with the cutout. It never bothered me then and doesn't bother me now. I've done hundreds of reloads on my Gen 2 G22 and Gen 5 G19 and haven't had a single fumbled reload due to the cutout. I've heard a lot of people on the net say it would happen but it didn't happen to me.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post

I haven't read any reports of new Gen 5 guns shipping without the cutout (other than MOS). It's one of the reasons I sold my 19.5 for a 19X.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast