Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired ATF agent says AR-15 rifles should be regulated like machine guns

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    If you ever even purchased a firearms accessory with a credit card, .gov will be kicking your door out if/when the confiscation happens. You are deluding yourself if you think otherwise.
    I have less than zero concerns about confiscation...If we want to play that game, though, I imagine they can track you down just based on your participation in this forum.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Jamb Armor. When $90.00 dollars can make Anchorage SWAT look like Barney Fife

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Why did you feel that way? Why did you change your mind ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BEcause with Obama in and a Dem controlled Senate there was a real push after Sandy Hook that enough middle of the road GOP House members might go wobbly on ARs. Looking at what happened at a state level in CT, NY, CO, MD?- there was a lot of gun stuff passed. Maybe there is enough to push a new AWB through. An NFA registration is better than an out right ban. Sandy Hook was right after an election, and I think the GOP base held enough House members feet to the fire to make sure nothing got past the House. While TRump gets a lot of credit, rightly, of turning the tide on the lefty control of the narrative, after Sandy Hook there was a pretty good push of "No, HELL NO" from gun owners. "Your dead don't trump my rights" appalled progressives, but enough of the GOP agreed.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    Jamb Armor. When $90.00 dollars can make Anchorage SWAT look like Barney Fife
    Let me just run back over to where we left that M4 leaning against that garage door and grab the flash/bang.. ughh... While this was going on, Anchorage PD Swat was tied up for a day for a single guy holed up in his house that they eventually knocked down with an excavator.

There are 20,000 FBI and BATFE agents combined. I imagine that there are less than 1/10 of that who are qualified to do raids. Who is going to lead the charge for confiscation? The Army? The Marines? Local PD... there'd be enough division in the ranks that it wouldn't happen. That's the beauty of this whole conundrum, the numbers just don't work for the LEO/.Gov Nowhere on earth has a government confiscated anything near the amount of firearms we have in the U.S. Australia was 650,000 guns... we are pushing 400 million in circulation in this country.

Confiscation isn't even on the radar for me.. it's the death by a thousand cuts of them regulating ammunition, accessories and actual places we can shoot/train.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    BEcause with Obama in and a Dem controlled Senate there was a real push after Sandy Hook that enough middle of the road GOP House members might go wobbly on ARs. Looking at what happened at a state level in CT, NY, CO, MD?- there was a lot of gun stuff passed. Maybe there is enough to push a new AWB through. An NFA registration is better than an out right ban. Sandy Hook was right after an election, and I think the GOP base held enough House members feet to the fire to make sure nothing got past the House. While TRump gets a lot of credit, rightly, of turning the tide on the lefty control of the narrative, after Sandy Hook there was a pretty good push of "No, HELL NO" from gun owners. "Your dead don't trump my rights" appalled progressives, but enough of the GOP agreed.
    We lost a little ground in CT, NY, CO and MD.. and gained ground in a bunch of states with constitutional carry, post Sandy Hook.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have less than zero concerns about confiscation...If we want to play that game, though, I imagine they can track you down just based on your participation in this forum.

Absolutely, in fact if you are worried about such a thing, it may not be a bad idea to come on and announce how you’ve gotten rid of all your firearms and basically turned into a full blown anti-gunner leftist.

Looks like 60 minutes is going to run a segment on how “devastating” the AR-15 is because of ammunition. They are playing on the ignorance of the public not understanding pistol vs. rifle terminal ballistics. So this will create a vision of the AR-15 specifically having unusually devastating ammo and therefore needs to be banned. Our news media has gone beyond what pravda could have ever dreamed of being.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mass-sh...es-60-minutes/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    And since then we’ve been complacent and lost ground in my adopted home state of Florida. Albeit the GOP nibbled around the edges, it was still an erosion of rights.

Feedback Score
    Let's cut through the internet BS, if the government wants to confiscate AR's and other such rifles, they are going to have a hard time doing it. Also the question has to be asked what percent of gun owners will say enough is enough and fight back.

Just look at the above video again of the FBI raid, now ask yourself if 5 vets of the war on terror showed up and started sniping at the FBI?

I am not advocating violence at this point in time, but as a lime long operator I would refuse he job of confiscating any guns based on morality and longevity.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Let me just run back over to where we left that M4 leaning against that garage door and grab the flash/bang.. ughh... While this was going on, Anchorage PD Swat was tied up for a day for a single guy holed up in his house that they eventually knocked down with an excavator.

There are 20,000 FBI and BATFE agents combined. I imagine that there are less than 1/10 of that who are qualified to do raids. Who is going to lead the charge for confiscation? The Army? The Marines? Local PD... there'd be enough division in the ranks that it wouldn't happen. That's the beauty of this whole conundrum, the numbers just don't work for the LEO/.Gov Nowhere on earth has a government confiscated anything near the amount of firearms we have in the U.S. Australia was 650,000 guns... we are pushing 400 million in circulation in this country.

Confiscation isn't even on the radar for me.. it's the death by a thousand cuts of them regulating ammunition, accessories and actual places we can shoot/train.
    Let’s not forget that many of these people who would be tasked for such an order are like minded and perhaps a few are even members on this very forum. We also have SCOTUS that would likely take up any serious federal gun control cases, with the current make up of the court, it would almost certainly be a favorable outcome... and if Ginsburg kicks the bucket and Trump replaces her with an originalist, it’s a slam dunk win for outside. I’ve said it before, the younger generations are actually very pro 2a. I see the left having maybe a 6-10 year window of even having a small chance of serious gun control (that would likely be successfully challenged at the SCOTUS) and if you don’t believe that just look at public opinion polls of banning handguns from the 60s (polls were like 70-80% supported a ban back then vs. 20-30% supporting a handgun ban currently). Even if the left were successful, it would be like Senator Frankenstein’s 2013 proposal, which was making all ARs, etc. NFA items, nobody is confiscating a damn thing.

Feedback Score
    A mass nationwide confiscation is highly unlikely. It would have the potential to get "messy".

What is within the realm of possibility is an outright ban (passively enforced) or an NFA conversion (also passively enforced), both of which set you up as a felon if you don't comply. As has been mentioned previously, a break-in, fire, jilted ex (probably the single biggest dime-dropper), pissed off teenager, nosey neighbor, etc. would be the catalyst for your home to be raided. Then you go to Club Fed for 10+ years. On the other hand if you manage to make it through the rest of your life without drawing attention to your "hobby", always looking over your shoulder and daring to only fire a round or two at a time somewhere out in the country, you will die and your family will most likely turn the stuff over 'cause they just don't want the headache.

None of the above is acceptable to me. NONE of it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast