Thread: Fulton Legacy A1 Model - are these good?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Fulton Legacy A1 Model - are these good?

Standard disclaimer: I am a rank noob, with zero cred.

Did a search but most results came back with threads about parts, others were about M1A.

LGS has a used Fulton Armory Legacy rifle, A1 configuration. Comes with sling, looks clean, just some finish wear. Consignee wants $1100 for it, but may bargain (unknown).

This was the same shop with a consigned Colt SP1 originally offered at $1150 (should have bought it then but no pesos,) then later, consignee marked it up to $1500 and then again to $1600. Don’t know why but per M4carbine member advice, I passed. But it sold to someone, I didn’t see it last weekend.

I’d like an A1 and hear good things about Fulton, except for possible DPMS parts.

Not sure what all this one has but lower is marked “US Rifle” and Fulton Armory; the barrel, however, is C MP (Colt). Bolt carrier has a D stamp and is chromed; furniture looks good but no idea who makes it, and don’t know about other parts.

Are these builds any good? Anyone here have one and if so, how is it holding up?

I wanted to inquire here before bothering the seller. I’d like an SP1 (I’m former USAF, we had them), but maybe this is a more affordable alternative (?).

My thanks in advance for any and all forward guidance...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post

Did a search but most results came back with threads about parts, others were about M1A.

LGS has a used Fulton Armory Legacy rifle, A1 configuration. Comes with sling, looks clean, just some finish wear. Consignee wants $1100 for it, but may bargain (unknown).

This was the same shop with a consigned Colt SP1 originally offered at $1150 (should have bought it then but no pesos,) then later, consignee marked it up to $1500 and then again to $1600. Don’t know why but per M4carbine member advice, I passed. But it sold to someone, I didn’t see it last weekend.

I’d like an A1 and hear good things about Fulton, except for possible DPMS parts.

Not sure what all this one has but lower is marked “US Rifle” and Fulton Armory; the barrel, however, is C MP (Colt). Bolt carrier has a D stamp and is chromed; furniture looks good but no idea who makes it, and don’t know about other parts.

Are these builds any good? Anyone here have one and if so, how is it holding up?

I wanted to inquire here before bothering the seller. I’d like an SP1 (I’m former USAF, we had them), but maybe this is a more affordable alternative (?).

The asking price is almost what one costs right from the factory, which is the most expensive place to buy something at full MSRP.

Personally, I would wait for a Colt SP-1 at that price. It would get you what you actually want, instead of something kinda right.

Back to that store, I would guess they put it up for auction, and threw a high price on the SP1 to make sure it didn't sell locally before the auction ended.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    You can build one yourself.

Barrel here: https://www.mckay-ent.com/ar15-m16/m...nt-barrel.html (it's a 1:7 twist, chrome lined A1 barrel so you can shoot the modern ammo, not just 55gr)

Brownells has just about all the other parts.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    https://www.brownells.com/firearms/r...er_1=brownells
    Recently bought this one, currently out of stock. Shot 100 rds without issue, very happy with it after putting in a Larue trigger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post

From what I know, the Fulton Armory Legacy rifles are just fine. If you are looking for something that looks like a M16A1, but not concerned about correctness, the Legacy fills that need. Frankly, $1100 is way too high for a used one. I would not pay anymore than $800, maybe $850 if I was desperate. Personally, I prefer to build my own, but not everyone is up to that task. The A1 from Brownells is good to go, but, as was stated, it is currently in a backordered status and it does cost a bit more than $1100.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Many thanks for your time and the helpful replies, Gentlemen. I very much appreciate it.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown