Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMT Enhanced BCG - Full Auto or Semi and Other Question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I thought the LMT EBCG was designed specifically for the 14.5" M4? Not that the Colt BCG comes up short or anything, just that the OP's barrel length is what LMT designed it for.

To wit: http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=3188

Is it overkill? Perhaps, and certainly pricey. I have two in carbines and two more in storage. I like them, and if you have the $$$ go for it. That said, if your budget is tight the Colt BCG should do just fine.

Thanks, this is why I asked, and I appreciate the well written write-up on the LMT BCG.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    What’s wrong with the Colt BCG? The answer is nothing. You’re literally wasting money. Spend that on ammo, optics, mags, or training.
    Do you even know why the enhanced BCG was developed by Mr. Lewis who owns Lewis Machine & Tool? I’ll give you a hint. It wasn’t the tooth fairy.

And I mean prior to your kool aid comments about the OP “literally wasting” his money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I thought the LMT EBCG was designed specifically for the 14.5" M4? Not that the Colt BCG comes up short or anything, just that the OP's barrel length is what LMT designed it for.

To wit: http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=3188

Is it overkill? Perhaps, and certainly pricey. I have two in carbines and two more in storage. I like them, and if you have the $$$ go for it. That said, if your budget is tight the Colt BCG should do just fine.
    It came up short in that operating environment. Fact. Otherwise SOCOM wouldn’t have contacted Mr. Lewis with a list of problems. Agree it can be overkill for the casual shooter. If you believe that you will do nothing more than casually shoot your AR, then yeah. Probably a nice to have. However if you ever suspect you may use it differently, I don’t see anything wrong with the “insurance”.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    It came up short in that operating environment. Fact. Otherwise SOCOM wouldn’t have contacted Mr. Lewis with a list of problems. Agree it can be overkill for the casual shooter. If you believe that you will do nothing more than casually shoot your AR, then yeah. Probably a nice to have. However if you ever suspect you may use it differently, I don’t see anything wrong with the “insurance”.

That's kind of what I was thinking too, and thanks for your helpful comment.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FredL View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking too, and thanks for your helpful comment.
    I don’t know about helpful, I just get fired up with the finality some guys have towards some manufacturers out there. I mean if you were talking about some BS part from a boutique AR manufacturer who’s aspiration is Instagram or FB likes, then I probably would have been on the other side of the fence. But this is not that.

And as ABNAK said - it’s your shekels.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This. Because I think the extra weight is a good thing. But I’ve never weighed them both to see the weight delta. Also, I’m. Not sure if the BCG’s have changed since this time.
    I’m pretty sure a couple of years ago LMT specifically said the enhanced BCG (with enhanced bolt) was meant to improve reliability on longer barrel AR’s. I think that barrel length was 16”. Robb says you don’t need it until your running 14.5 or greater and FA. But you can read that for yourself. Always search the forums. It’s possible to come up with an original inquirer based on a new product but for age-old questions like yours - there will probably be a thread to two.

There is some time and effort spent in developing that BCG. I use the enhanced carrier and standard or Sionics bolt in my SBR’s.

However did you search M4C??

If you didn’t your question is addressed here:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-full-auto-BCG

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...to-vs-semi-BCG

It was meant specifically to help with the early unlocking and excess bolt velocity issues inherent to the M4 carbine gas system. The LMT enhanced bolt has an elongated cam path to delay unlocking for better extraction and an additional and relocated gas vent to blow out more gasses out the carrier. Running suppressed on a 14.5" carbine barrel is a less than ideal configuration so both of these modifications will definitely benefit the OP's rifle.

Unsuppressed the gains the pretty marginal but for the suppressed use it would definitely help. Better yet would be to use a midlength gas system with a small gas port.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 11-09-18 at 00:10.

Feedback Score
    Agree 100%.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12