Thread: Super Accurate 16" Complete Upper

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Super Accurate 16" Complete Upper

Gents,

I need your help. What is a super accurate 16" complete Upper?

Am I correct in assuming BCM KD4 Spec Upper Group w/ MCMR-13
    BCM SS410 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ BCM MCMR-13 Handguard 1/7.7 Twist Ionbond.

Or is there something better out there? Thank You all in advance for your sage advice.
    You only get one shot to make a lasting impression. *** Make it a good one!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a few BCM uppers and I've been pleased with them. I like BCM stuff. I don't have any of their SS410 uppers or barrels though. I know people have had excellent accuracy with them but I've also read (here at m4c) of some that struggled. Most likely you would be fine.

If you really wanted to do everything you could to ensure you had a very accurate upper I'd think about having compass lake build one of their recon uppers. I don't have one of those either but compass lake has a spotless reputation from what I've seen.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    The BCM SS410 barrels are nice, I have an upper built around one and it shoots.

If you're wanting the absolute best, an upper from somewhere like Compass Lake, Centurion, High Caliber Sales, or MSTN would be a step up from the BCM.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Survival View Post
    Or is there something better out there? Thank You all in advance for your sage advice.
    For the money you would not go wrong with the KD4 upper, especially if you plan on running BH manufactured MK262 Mod 1 as the leade in the chamber for these uppers is cut towards this load.

Feedback Score
    I would buy something upper from compass lake with a Douglas or Bartlein barrel if I wanted "super accurate".

The Larue ultimate upper is also a really good deal and priced very well for what you get. Just see a lower and your good

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Most uppers will be mechanically accurate until the human factor intervenes. But there are also several other factors involved with accuracy, as stated by the other guys posting, especially ammo selection and your barrel. Some barrels will eat anything and some will be fairly picky. Chamber selection is also important.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I don't have experience with the uppers you listed. But, the most accurate upper I have is a Centurion Arms upper. I would choose the recce upper in a heartbeat.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Survival View Post
    Gents,

I need your help. What is a super accurate 16" complete Upper?

Am I correct in assuming BCM KD4 Spec Upper Group w/ MCMR-13
    BCM SS410 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ BCM MCMR-13 Handguard 1/7.7 Twist Ionbond.

What do you mean "Super Accurate" ?? With what ammunition? Will the rest of the build be geared toward precision? Can you shoot? The upper you linked to will more than likely shoot better than most of us are capable of shooting using ammo that cost a buck a round. Me included!!

Feedback Score
    Fulton Armoury, Compass Lake.

Feedback Score
    99% of people shoot as accurately as they’re capable of shooting with a basic, 4150 chrome lined barreled upper from a reputable manufacturer (Colt, BCM, LMT, etc.). Most folks are incapable of extracting the intrinsic accuracy from a purpose built upper. So unless you’re part of that 1%, just buy a whatever upper catches your eye & go shoot. The BCM, COLT CCU, & offerings from Sionics would be good places to start. The ammunition you choose and your trigger are going to yield more obvious benefits than your upper.