Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help from the brain trust here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Need help from the brain trust here

So I have assembled a handful of AR’s over the years, but never really had to trouble shoot one before. A coworker of mine asked me to look at his AR that won’t eject. I took it to the club today and it won’t eject at all. I changed out the BCG and mag for the one out of my AR I had with me that works fine, still no dice.

Now, it is a DPMS rifle. I know they’re junk, but I used to have one that ran fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teksid View Post
    So I have assembled a handful of AR’s over the years, but never really had to trouble shoot one before. A coworker of mine asked me to look at his AR that won’t eject. I took it to the club today and it won’t eject at all. I changed out the BCG and mag for the one out of my AR I had with me that works fine, still no dice.

Now, it is a DPMS rifle. I know they’re junk, but I used to have one that ran fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Will it extract and then fail to eject? Could use a little more info to help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    After each shot. The BCG would be in the forward position. When I racked the BCG the empty would come out and when I let the BCG go forward it would load another round. It’s a single shot right now.

Feedback Score
    I forgot to add that I also changed out the recoil spring and buffer, didn’t help.
    Also the chamber is clean.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Headspace issue maybe?
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If the bolt isn't moving during the firing sequence it sounds like a gas issue. Has it ever worked? I mean, sounds crazy but maybe the gas port wasn't drilled in the barrel or something dumb like that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    If the bolt isn't moving during the firing sequence it sounds like a gas issue. Has it ever worked? I mean, sounds crazy but maybe the gas port wasn't drilled in the barrel or something dumb like that.

I’m asking him now.

Feedback Score
    So I just discovered that the gas block is loose and will slide up and down the barrel. Lol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teksid View Post
    So I just discovered that the gas block is loose and will slide up and down the barrel. Lol
    Yeah, that will do it.

Feedback Score
    It looks as if the Allen screws were never tightened. They were backed all the way out.
    I’m going to loctite them and see if it’ll run now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast