Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sessions Resigns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    These points are partial at best and overall misleading. The economy is doing well but it is hardly in some grand state that is unprecedented. Overall growth has been good yes. But I can point to a number of time is the last 16 years it was as good. But in return we have record setting deficit. Decreased spending power, prices on raw materials increasing and jobs being lost due to the tariffs. All the while China and our trade partners are starting to look elsware for their goods and American farmers need a bailout to get through.

And of course our allies are sick and tired of us in the last 2 years thanks to his antics. He is an embarrassment from an international relations point of view.

You can't just use talking points and claim that makes up the entire economy. You have to look at the long term.

Take trumps desire to bring back manufacturing jobs. I hear people cheer about that, especially here all the time. But the cold hard fact is that those jobs are at best short term. Manufacturing is going to become more and more automated and within many of our lifetimes you can expect fully automated factories for many goods. So what is the point of bringing back all these manufacturing jobs when it is a dying industry? The answer is simple. It appeals to voters who don't look at the long picture.

In the end though it isn't even about politics. To most trump supporters, including many people here, it is about religion. He could walk down and break the neck of a reporter in a press conference and you all would say it is what the guy deserved then go on and vote Trump in as Emperor.

He represents the darkest parts of America. He appeals to radicals and racists like 7n6 and stirs them up. And frankly he is a shitbag that needs to be flushed down the toilet and back to the sewers where he belongs.

If you cheer this guy on like a messiah then you need to go back and read our founding documentation again and try to remember what this country is about. Because Trump isn't it.

He is holding out allies accountable.
    Manufacturing jobs are here to stay. You can automate some, but a lot of stuff will not be automated for a LONG time.
    I dont see raw materials going up, but I only use a few things.
    We are creating jobs, I think the teriff catalyzed that.

Your characterization of Trump is vastly different than what I see, and wonder if you are watching the same person. “Deepest parts of America?”
    Oh God...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    No I just have an understanding how how the world works. You call it arrogant, I call it realistic. Trump is the swamp. He is a New York Democrat. He will turn on his current supporters in a heartbeat if it benefits him. His Anti 2A feelings have already started to show through a bit as has his contempt for the people who elected him. Goodluck. You are going to need it.
    You can't see the forest through the trees. Your "realistic" approach is, let me guess, one of compromise and don't upset too many people, correct? THAT has been the problem. Obama and Clinton had a way of essentially saying "F**k you" but keeping it nicey-nice. Trump just flat-out says it. I respect that.

You tell me who should be in the White House if not Trump. I'm curious to hear who your pick is.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SethB View Post
    Nothing that he has accomplished will outlast his Presidency. He hasn't changed a thing.
    Seriously? IMO your not paying attention. Just as an FYI to all those old school GOP guys out there. There is a plan. The whole thing is a diversionary tactic that is working wonders. Everyday it's another magic show having you look at things of no consequence. No other administration would even remotely be able to accomplish the things his cabinet is accomplishing every week with out his buffoonish cover. No one is talking about all the little things going on at the lower levels of the administration. There is serious change happening from the elimination of regulations to the shrinking of the federal workforce. And as I said earlier, at the end if the day it is all about judges. If you don't get why that significant your playing checkers.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Ding! Alight, everyone go to a neutral corner. Be polite when you discuss this stuff,. or just bitch at each other via PM's.

I'll reopen this thread after people cool down in a bit. But can the pissy tone on both sides.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345