Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: PSA AR pistol Kits

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    I have 2 of their lowers. One is a Gen2, the other a Gen3. My upper is a Gen3. So far so good. The G2 has places where the BCG has whacked it. Josiah told me to send it back and they will mod it like the G3. I'm loving it so far.
    How do you like it? I only shoot 1 round a year after dial in. SO i dont care abourt chrome lining and all the other specs

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    How do you like it? I only shoot 1 round a year after dial in. SO i dont care abourt chrome lining and all the other specs
    I plopped a Primary Arms scope on it and hit the bullseye without adjustment! Nothing to do with the upper though. I had it out last evening going to 45yds. I did do 50 first time out. The women were there, it was raining and the light was fading. I will be going back to that range and try it out to 100, and 300. It fed American Eagle, 150gr Federal soft point, and another that I forgot. I have read the Wolf Mil-spec is fairly accurate out of these uppers. I have ran a little less than 100rd of that through it so far. I bought a 1000rd case dirt cheap from Brownell's ran a special on it. I picked up some Perfecta at the range for $12 a box. Haven't tried that yet.

The G2 lower might have caused the bolt to dent the brass. (no malfunctions) Not seeing that with the G3. The G3 upper has an adjustable gas block. If you order one makes sure it has the 12" Allen wrench with it. I had to get one sent to me. I have not tinkered with the setting as it has been 100% so far.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I’ve been keeping an eye on these for a while. Hopefully psa has a BF sale soon...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPenguin5145 View Post
    I have a PSA EPT Lower with the SBA3 Brace with a PSA Phosphate 10.5" upper. The BCG is the DSArms NP3 Enhanced Sand Cut. The charging handle is a Radian Raptor. I removed the A2 handguards and replaced with thinner CAR-15 handguards (Ruger AR556) ones I had. I only have a couple hundred various .223 rounds through it. No issues...maybe a SLIGHTLY canted FSB but it zeros well with in "mil-spec". I had the BCG, rear sight, and charging handle....if you don't count the costs of those, I got a 10.5 Fixed FSB pistol for under $400. This is mainly my wife's home defense rifle but will see a few carbine classes this summer.

Attachment 56157

Only thing different is the AimPoint was replaced with a Sig Romeo 4 and it has a Vickers sling now.

I posted that back in January. It wears a micro RD not and it has about 1500 or 2000 rounds on it now. No malfunctions. Mostly steel .233 55gn Wolf, .223 55gn UMC and about 100 68 BTHP pushed by 23.3 gns of H322.

Attachment 59771

Feedback Score
    I have purchased magazines and H2 buffers from PSA before, but never their uppers. I usually build my own uppers using primarily Colt, BCM, LMT, or Daniel Defense parts, but I am on TDY and don’t have access to any tools. Yesterday I saw that their complete PSA premium 10.5” uppers with FN CHF barrels, BCG, charging handle, and hand guards were on sale for $329 USD. so for less than $400 USD I bought a complete upper with FN barrel. I am going to put it on one of my SBR’s and run it through the paces.

Feedback Score
    I've been happy with my little PSA pistol. It is overgassed, but I figure they did that because budget people will be shooting weak steel case ammo a lot. My problem is it was cheap. This led me to think I can throw some more money at it to modify it, and still not be in it for too much. Ended up going as far as to swap out the flat top upper for a C-8 carry handle one to get that old school A1 look. I swapped in a rail while I was at it, and a Warcomp. All my ARs get Warcomps... Of course every AR needs a light if it may be used as a defensive weapon, and I love red dots... A lot of extra money, but the basic weapon does function well. I've only had it out a few times, but yeah, she shoots good.

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    ^ this is the first time I see anyone mount RDS like that with the carry handle. Very unconventional, but I actually think it's pretty smart - RDS, FSP, and a carry handle.

Feedback Score
    Kinda had to. The cantilever mount doesn't fit with my light switch on top.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    @al0x1 He was forced, but most people prefer not too, because rails loose zero faster than an upper receiver.

@daddyusmaximus I originally bought the pistol kit that came with a rail so the only thing I have added to mine is a RDS and white light. Also threw in a spare 2 stage trigger. I did spend the money on a BRT gas tube but honestly I don't think it made a huge difference. The ejection didn't change much, and it only feels a smudge less of a jack hammer. I have come to terms that timing on a short barrel will never be as nice as a longer one.

For the record my PSA pistol just hit 1k mark in round count. Everything looks like it is supposed too as far as wear areas on an AR. The only stoppage was a stuck casing at the 600 round mark. It was tula and I chalked it up to feeding the gun brass and steel at the same time. After doing research it seems you should clean the chamber well before switching gun food.

This is gonna make heads explode; my beside gun is a 10.5" PSA AR sporting a holosun red dot with a streamlight. 16" BCM sits in the safe.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Got my PSA 10.5” CHF upper today. It is nice, the FSB is not canted, and the BCG is chrome-lined. The only thing I don’t care for is the flash hider and delta ring are a shiny black color, probably nitrided. I read before that PSA uses nitrided parts even on the premium line. Also, the BCG gas keys staking could be a little better, but I did have a LMT come with non-staked gas keys. Glad I have a MOAK’s tool to fix it.

For $329 USD with a premium FN barrel, BCG made with Carpenter 158 steel, charging handle, and hand guards, I cannot complain. Wish I could get a cheap KAC RAS rail, but I am going to mount it on my Stag SBR lower, and shoot it as much as I can.
    Last edited by veeklog; 12-17-19 at 17:33.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast