Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA AR pistol Kits

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

PSA AR pistol Kits

Hey forum members,

Im not shilling for PSA: I just wanted to alert the community to a potentially good deal. PSA is selling pistol build kits in both 556 and 300blk in the $270-$450 range. These kits come with a fully assembled upper, BCG and lower parts kit so all you need to have a fully functioning firearm is a lower reciever and white light. All the kits come with either a shockwave or SBA3 brace, so that really helped me make the decision. I didnt want a pistol without a SBA3, and my total build will come in under $550. Thats glock money for an AR. Besides the good braces, these kits come with c158 bolts but the barrels are nitride treated, not CL.

Before everyone jumps in about: "How PSA aint a Colt". I know. This is not my first AR or my first build for that matter. I have owned both colt and BCM rifles. I do have a complete 14.5 pinned rifle that started out as a PSA parts kit, just like these are and it has ran 3K rounds trouble free. Also MrGunznGear did a video on one and had some really good experiences in his 800 rounds:

https://youtu.be/YRXhh6qiZII

There's another youtuber who does EXTENSIVE reloading videos and he did a 5 part series on his PSA build, and was able to work up a solid 1.5-2" load.

https://youtu.be/JSh6rDqjow8

For myself I purchased a 10.5 that has the 12" rail and linear comp, and comes with the SBA3. Im really curious if I am going to like or hate the linear comp. Right off the bat I am going to throw the carbine buffer in the range bag (There's probably a few in there now) and put in a decent spring with H2. If the H2 I have on hand doesnt fully cut it than I will buy and H3. 10.5 is new territory for me. I also have a spare BCM extractor kit that I will probably throw on the BCG.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...164487461.html

I should be recieving mine in the mail next week, but I will be out of town untill the following week. Once I unbox I'll report back, and then continue to add to this thread when I get a real range time on it.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Their products are more than capable to get the job done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    I own some “high end” AR’s and some PSA’s-a Dissipator build and a 16” mid-length. The Dissy upper didn’t have grease on the barrel nut threads but the 16” seems fine. Both have functioned well. PSA scratches an itch without the high likelihood of my wife beating me to death after logging into our bank account .
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    I own some “high end” AR’s and some PSA’s-a Dissipator build and a 16” mid-length. The Dissy upper didn’t have grease on the barrel nut threads but the 16” seems fine. Both have functioned well. PSA scratches an itch without the high likelihood of my wife beating me to death after logging into our bank account .
    For the heck of it I disassembled the PSA pistol kit I received and it had grease on the barrel nut although not very much

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    last night i put together a PSA 10.5" Classic Shockwave Pistol kit (everything except a stripped lower) and was able to complete the project in 30 minutes. i considered the overall quality as i worked. having build many dozens of ARs over the last 45 years, for a kit running only $280 i was pretty darn impressed. besides the lower, all that was required to make it fully functional was a rear sight and magazine, bringing the total to well less than $400. no bad at all.

Feedback Score
    Put together a PSA pistol last week and finally got a chance to shoot it. 5 mags no problems, brass ejected into a neat pile to my right. So far so good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My experience has been that PSA supplied extractor springs are not durable.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one of the PSA pistol uppers and It's been quite good. Had some issues early on with steel cased ammo getting stuck on extraction but found out that it had some brown cosmoline type gunk in the chamber and bore. Once I got that cleaned out it has been flawless. I have less than $400 into it minus the red dot and for something to bang around on the tractor or in the rear of the UTV it can't be beat.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a PSA pistol lower with the SBA3 brace. My first PSA anything. I was sick, and tired of traveling out of state, and not taking my SBR with me. Now I can just put that upper on the pistol lower.

The buffer tube on the PSA lower wasn't that great, it cross threaded real easy. I decided with the SBR not traveling, I'd put the Law Tactical folder on the pistol, but when I backed the castle nut up on the buffer tube on the PSA, it cross threaded. I ended up moving the SBR tube over. So now I'll have to get a new buffer for the SBR... unless I take it to my gunsmith... Still, everything else is good quality for the price. Everything fit great, and works as it should. I also moved my J P trigger over. I really like that SBA3 brace. Best one out there I think.

Had to take my VFG off. Guess it's time for an angled one. It's over 26" so it would be a "firearm" if I left it on, but I need to preserve the pistolness of it so it's covered by handgun laws. Stupid, confusing laws...
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Just know going in that you never know what you're getting with PSA. You'll either get something that works or it will be a soup sandwich. I've had both with PSA.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast