Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA AR pistol Kits

Feedback Score
    I havent had a problem with my PSA

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeetster View Post
    I havent had a problem with my PSA
    Your comment doesn't mean much without context. How many rounds have you put through it? How long have you had it? Have you ran it hard in training classes or just slow fire at the range?

Feedback Score
    I bought one of their pistol lowers with the SBA brace. It looked good, but wouldn't fit on my pistol upper. I tried it on two other uppers, both Daniel Defense, and I was able to get it on one, but not the other. I had to contact them to send it back. Took over three weeks to get the shipping label. Not sure if they are going to fix it or replace it. I think I can see the issue, there is extra material that prevents the upper from seating fully. If they do replace it, I will probably have to pay the $35 transfer fee again. Basically a lot of time and hassle for a $200 assembly. I decided to cut my losses and bought the parts to assemble a BCM pistol and will sell this lower once the issues are resolved.

Feedback Score
    "$35 transfer fee" - Ouch. If there really was anything wrong with the PSA lower, rather than shipping it back and forth and paying another inflated transfer fee, I have to think I'd just pick up a stripped lower and move the rest of the parts. I can get a milspec stripped lower for less than your transfer fee.

On the other hand, I have to assume that you live somewhere with only a single gun shop within driving distance, so you probably don't have much in the way of choices.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, it is high, but the cheaper places around here have always been a pain for me. I am fine paying it once, but twice is too much.

Feedback Score
    I have 2.5 PSA AR's. One 16" carbine in .223/556. One is a AR pistol in 9mm and the .5 is an untested upper (16" carbine) going on a Sharp's blemished lower. The completed carbine has about 1K of rounds through it (mixed lot) with no issues. It is also my patrol rifle. The 9mm pistol has about 500 rounds of whatever is on sale (no reloads). The only thing I have seen it have issues with is the mag catch hanging up but I think I have ID'd the problem as coming from a KCI hi-cap mag. That has been my experience.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So I took the pistol out again last weekend and ran 250 rounds of Red Army Standard through it to see if the ammo would function. Every round fired, extracted, and locked back just fine out of my G3 Pmags. The total round count to date is 460 rounds, and that includes PMC, 55gr reloads, and 77gr reloads without a single stoppage. The holosun red dot is also holding up well. I left it on for 3 months now and its still nuclear bright. In the past I have had primary arms red dots die in less than 200 rounds of 223. This holosun seems to be the ticket as its has an equal round count as the rifle. Banging steel at 300 yards is fun with this little blaster. Finally I took pictures and hosted them. This rail really is gorgeous for a budget piece.

Before I shot this pistol I was wondering how I would feel about the blast forwarding device. Since the rail is longer than the barrel I really have no choice in muzzle devices. 400 rounds later I happen to like the blast forwarding device. It makes the 10.5 have comperable blast to my 14.5 with a 4 prong flash hider. I really dont notice the differnce between the two. Shooting in the prone in the desert wasnt terrible with dust control either. I really thought it would be worse. Over all I am very satisfied with my sub $600 pistol.

When I shoot real groups I will be sure to post them.

Last edited by turnburglar; 01-31-19 at 18:44.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    only one problem. one of the complete (pistol) lowers i purchased was sent back for work as it would not close on any upper.
    they took care of the problem. got it back a couple weeks back and it's seen plenty of action since then.

Feedback Score
    I have a PSA EPT Lower with the SBA3 Brace with a PSA Phosphate 10.5" upper. The BCG is the DSArms NP3 Enhanced Sand Cut. The charging handle is a Radian Raptor. I removed the A2 handguards and replaced with thinner CAR-15 handguards (Ruger AR556) ones I had. I only have a couple hundred various .223 rounds through it. No issues...maybe a SLIGHTLY canted FSB but it zeros well with in "mil-spec". I had the BCG, rear sight, and charging handle....if you don't count the costs of those, I got a 10.5 Fixed FSB pistol for under $400. This is mainly my wife's home defense rifle but will see a few carbine classes this summer.

Attachment 56157

Only thing different is the AimPoint was replaced with a Sig Romeo 4 and it has a Vickers sling now.
    Last edited by TomPenguin5145; 03-01-19 at 20:54. Reason: Add Photo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by feraldog View Post
    last night i put together a PSA 10.5" Classic Shockwave Pistol kit (everything except a stripped lower) and was able to complete the project in 30 minutes. i considered the overall quality as i worked. having build many dozens of ARs over the last 45 years, for a kit running only $280 i was pretty darn impressed. besides the lower, all that was required to make it fully functional was a rear sight and magazine, bringing the total to well less than $400. no bad at all.
    Using this kit as a work gun, it's been pretty reliable over the last year with zero hiccups on the range, appprox 2500 rds on it. A lot handier than having a 16 inch carbine for room clearing.
    Last edited by Hammered_Pair; 04-05-19 at 18:53.
    Veteran US Army Combat Medic/US Navy FMF Corpsman

"Well placed gun fire is the best preventive medicine."

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast