Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA AR pistol Kits

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Just know going in that you never know what you're getting with PSA. You'll either get something that works or it will be a soup sandwich. I've had both with PSA.
    Thats where I am now. I got a 10.5 Nitride pistol kit and made a handy little KISS truck gun out of it. With irons it's surprisingly accurate. So, I bought another, same kit, and also ordered a Sig Romeo RD to make it a more tacticool rig.

At 25 yards using XM193 the second one was all over the target and thats off a bench and equipped with a RRA NM 2 Stage trigger with a 3.5 lb. break.

I did notice tossing it back in tha safe the A2 flashider was loose but still, that shouldn't cause it to pattern like a shotgun.

I put a 3x PA scope on it, tightened the FH and will shoot a variety of of different ammo including 62 gr. If it still shoots 10" fliers all over the paper, I have no idea what my recourse is. PSA states emphatically in their return policy once a gun is transferred to a customer's name they will not take it back
    Some policy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by friendo View Post
    If it still shoots 10" fliers all over the paper, I have no idea what my recourse is. PSA states emphatically in their return policy once a gun is transferred to a customer's name they will not take it back
    Some policy.
    If you can identify WHAT is wrong, they may be willing to help. I haven't had any problems with my build, but from some of the other comments here and elsewhere they seem to have a spotty but decent record of replacing defective parts.

We'll be looking forward to hearing the results of your next range visit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4aof View Post
    If you can identify WHAT is wrong, they may be willing to help. I haven't had any problems with my build, but from some of the other comments here and elsewhere they seem to have a spotty but decent record of replacing defective parts.

We'll be looking forward to hearing the results of your next range visit
    I built the first 10.5 on a PSA lower. One of the GI mags thats been used in all of my other ARs was hard to seat and would not drop free when released. The guy on the phone at PSA said there was something wrong with the mag. He said I can send it back but if their mag drops free they would just send it back, my tough luck. With that attitude, I knew I would just be wasting an FFL transfer fee to be told there was nothing wrong with it.
    I just marked the mag so I know not to use it in that one lower.

Feedback Score
    I built the first 10.5 on a PSA lower. One of the GI mags thats been used in all of my other ARs was hard to seat and would not drop free when released. The guy on the phone at PSA said there was something wrong with the mag. He said I can send it back but if their mag drops free they would just send it back, my tough luck. With that attitude, I knew I would just be wasting an FFL transfer fee to be told there was nothing wrong with it.
    Credit card purchase? call the card company and start a claim.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thats where I am now. I got a 10.5 Nitride pistol kit and made a handy little KISS truck gun out of it. With irons it's surprisingly accurate. So, I bought another, same kit, and also ordered a Sig Romeo RD to make it a more tacticool rig.

At 25 yards using XM193 the second one was all over the target and thats off a bench and equipped with a RRA NM 2 Stage trigger with a 3.5 lb. break.

I did notice tossing it back in tha safe the A2 flashider was loose but still, that shouldn't cause it to pattern like a shotgun.

I put a 3x PA scope on it, tightened the FH and will shoot a variety of of different ammo including 62 gr. If it still shoots 10" fliers all over the paper, I have no idea what my recourse is. PSA states emphatically in their return policy once a gun is transferred to a customer's name they will not take it back
    Some policy.
    These are the very reasons I put PSA back on the "Never Again" list.

Feedback Score
    I just got back from a serious, come to Jesus session with this PSA 10.5. Shooting off a bench at 25 yards on a ranch I have access to where I there was no distracting shooting or range Nazi breathing down my neck, I shot a range of different ammo, from XM193, Israeli M855, Wolf 62 gr. and still all over the 8x11 target, some even off the paper. It was the first time I ever shot the finger at a paper target.

I finished by shooting a ragged hole group with my RIA .45 to reassure myself it wasn't me.

Tomorrow, I'll see what PSA has to say.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Don’t expect a quick response, I have been trying to get a lower shipped back to them for over a week. I’m mildly bothered had I spent money on the damn thing I would be down right pissed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    Don’t expect a quick response, I have been trying to get a lower shipped back to them for over a week. I’m mildly bothered had I spent money on the damn thing I would be down right pissed off.

On another forum, others, myself included, touted PSA as some kind of liberators and saviors of the black rifle industry, offering such incredible deals you felt irresponsible and guilty, as a supporter of the 2nd A, if you passed it up. I even harangued friends that there was no excuse not to spend $269.00 and jump on these kits. I just hope their kits aren't a useless waste of money.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    PSA is like having a unstable girlfriend. When it’s good it’s good and when it’s bad it’s really bad. And like that unstable girlfriend they really aren’t going to go out of there way unless called out in a big way. Like the recent PSA AKv

Feedback Score
    Getting a 10.5 pistol kit with Blade arm brace for $270.00 that shot as well as my $1k Obama era RRA was too good to be true. So I had to do it again.

For roughly $620.00, which included lowers and transfer fees, I now have one that shoots like an AR15 and the other thats no more accurate than a cheap, Saturday night special.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast