Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA AR pistol Kits

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by friendo View Post
    I now have one that shoots like an AR15 and the other thats no more accurate than a cheap, Saturday night special.
    Hey, I'm the OP and when I contacted PSA about my problems, and got an RMA from them in less than 4 business days. I didnt end up returning my parts, as the total cost of a charging handle and coter pin didnt matter to me and I bought a nicer CH.

If there CS doesnt work for you, there are still options.

1. I would go to a gunsmith (if you dont know AR's) and check the barrel assembly. Lots of installation errors can play havoc with accuracy; is the flash hider and crush washer properly torqued? is there any damage to the barrels crown? Is the barrel nut to loose or too tight? Is the chamber in spec?

2. Put a decent barrel in it. You got the gun for a steal, so even if you have to throw the extra $150-250 into the gun you still have an AR pistol for a hell of a deal. If you get a good new barrel it will shoot lights out? I havent printed my PSA gun on paper yet so I dont have an opinion on the barrel other than it can hit IPSC steel at 300m.

Feedback Score
    I just ordered 2 pistol kits during the Easter sale,one of the basic models for 279$ and the loaded model with lightweight hand guard,nickel boron bcg and mbus buis (got this one for the girlfriend for Easter)
    I have lowers,i’ll Check back in when I receive them.
    Always had good luck with their products,far from the best,but probably the best value for your money in the current market.

Feedback Score
    Both kits arrived this morning,all as advertised and in excellent condition.one thing I noticed,is white grease all over the barrel nut and front portion of the upper.nice to see these may come apart (if needed).in the past psa has been as tough to get the barrel nut off as a colt....

Feedback Score
    One thing I really don't like about the kit is the stock PSA 6061 charging handle. Feels light and flimsy. I swapped that out with one of the spare 7075's I had. Granted, I'm a charging handle snob preferring the likes of BCM Gen 2 Ambi, Raptor, etc. in my high-end guns.

Mine came with a chrome-lined carrier and gas key. The bolt was quite tight in the carrier at first. It had no markings. Aside from the gas tube being bent (or not properly aligned to the key) causing some severe binding, everything worked well. However, I could swear my pinned FSB is slightly canted.

For me, this is an inexpensive dirt clod shooter. In this role, it rings steel on my backyard range just fine. It is very lightweight and a lot of fun. It shoots Wolf steel case without issues along with everything else I have fed it. I don't have a lot of rounds through it, but given what I paid, I really cannot complain too much. I think if you know what to look out for and what to do if you find a problem, it's very good value.
    Last edited by tehpwnag3; 04-30-19 at 14:35. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Hey, I'm the OP and when I contacted PSA about my problems, and got an RMA from them in less than 4 business days. I didnt end up returning my parts, as the total cost of a charging handle and coter pin didnt matter to me and I bought a nicer CH.

If there CS doesnt work for you, there are still options.

1. I would go to a gunsmith (if you dont know AR's) and check the barrel assembly. Lots of installation errors can play havoc with accuracy; is the flash hider and crush washer properly torqued? is there any damage to the barrels crown? Is the barrel nut to loose or too tight? Is the chamber in spec?

2. Put a decent barrel in it. You got the gun for a steal, so even if you have to throw the extra $150-250 into the gun you still have an AR pistol for a hell of a deal. If you get a good new barrel it will shoot lights out? I havent printed my PSA gun on paper yet so I dont have an opinion on the barrel other than it can hit IPSC steel at 300m.
    Thanks for the response. I like the gun; with a Magpul Moe grip and hand guards it's light, balanced and handles beautifully. Probably the most ergonomic gun I own. Too bad I can probably shoot it as accurately if I just sighted down the side of the barrel.

I received an RMA from PSA and boxed it up and sent it back along with the targets. Now, it's just wait and see. I'm hoping it was just put together wrong.

Feedback Score
    Shot a friends PSA 300 blackout pistol with SB brace...…….50 rounds and no problems......he has shot it quite a bit and says function has been flawless...…….I have a generation 1 PA10 that runs like a top...…….some stuff has issues, but if you read these type of forums a bit......seems like everyone puts out something with gremlins...…..every now and then.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6mmAR15 View Post
    Shot a friends PSA 300 blackout pistol with SB brace...…….50 rounds and no problems......he has shot it quite a bit and says function has been flawless...…….I have a generation 1 PA10 that runs like a top...…….some stuff has issues, but if you read these type of forums a bit......seems like everyone puts out something with gremlins...…..every now and then.....
    All my ARs run flawlessly, including the PSA 10.5 in question. But the lack of accuracy makes it an expensive noise maker. I quit shooting it because it was just a waste of good ammo.

I'm going to shoot it's accurate twin tomorrow to restore my confidence.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by friendo View Post
    All my ARs run flawlessly, including the PSA 10.5 in question. But the lack of accuracy makes it an expensive noise maker. I quit shooting it because it was just a waste of good ammo.

I'm going to shoot it's accurate twin tomorrow to restore my confidence.
    Dang! I have 2 kits I need to assemble.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Just know going in that you never know what you're getting with PSA. You'll either get something that works or it will be a soup sandwich. I've had both with PSA.
    Interesting. Completely opposite of my experience.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    PSA for the win in my book.
    14.7 CHF upper, lowers, parts kit, triggers, and an 11.5 upper .no problems...
    Around 3000rds combined through both.
    Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast