Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
And I wonder how many Combat Vet's with PTSD refuse to get treatment because they are sure that shoe is going to drop at any moment?
To add to that, I wonder how many of the treatments for PTSD are creating imbalances in certain individuals. Kinda like how "in rare instances" depression medication can cause suicidal thoughts. Maybe we are seeing some of those "rare instances" for everyone being treated for PTSD just like we see "rare instances" for kids on similar medications who sometimes shoot up the school.

Don't want to blame it all on medications for psychological conditions, or the media or any other one thing but seems to be a problem that keeps slipping through the cracks. We know from what happened to Chris Kyle that there are people who need help and those who can't be helped. Seems our failure to handle both is really coming back on us with catastrophic consequences.

This is actually the scenario I feared most, a capable and trained individual deciding to see how much damage they can do. Video gamed trained amateurs do enough damage. The shooter in this situation doesn't seem to fit the "nutjob" profile, I wonder what went wrong but I still wish he would have been stopped the moment he decided on this path.