Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Are Magpul GL9 mags GTG for serious use?

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    They don't drop free from my Sub2000 Gen2

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Just note that mine were fine for several hundred rounds of brass and steel, before starting to consistently choke on Wolf and Tula steel.

I'd be 'ok' carrying them with brass if I had to, but there simply is no replacement for OEMs.

Feedback Score
    I've been using the 21rd's on the range. They work great so far!

Feedback Score
    I have 12. One I have marked because I had two failure to eject. But no other issues with that one mag. These are for a gen 4 G19.
    Last edited by par-archer; 11-12-18 at 17:50. Reason: Add details to type of mags.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have two 17 rnders, and now a 21 rnder.

My experience with these is that they run fine with brass ammo only.

I was initially annoyed with them, as I'd run a few hundred rnds of wolf/tulammo through them, and ocassionally the rounds would hang up halfway through the mag. You could hold the mag upside down and shake rounds out of them.

However, I've now put about 100 rnds of brass case stuff through each, and they've run flawlessly, including the new 21 rnder, which I now carry as one of my spares.

Feedback Score
    Why not just use them for the range and save the factory mags for serious use?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's pretty much what I've been doing.

I mainly carry factory mags with factory +2's for spares, but having that 21 rnder along is great. It's just slightly longer than those, with two extra rounds. Can't help but love that!

Feedback Score
    Saving $10 per mag x10. You will spend more on ammo in a couple of range trips. There were some great deals on factory mags on BF. I really like the Gen 5 mags. Let those magpul mags drop free in practice and toss them when they break.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Are the Magpul GL9 mags good to go for carry/defensive use?
    I am unaware of *ANY* MagPul GEN1 mag that was GTG. All have needed several revisions, fixes, etc to get right.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I ended up grabbing a small pile of factory mags on BF sale to stash for serious use, but I also grabbed a couple more GL9s just to beat on at the range.

Thx for everyone's input!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast