Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are Magpul GL9 mags GTG for serious use?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I use them for range mags with no problems using brass. But, I only carry oem based on others reliability reports.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I have 10 I use with Federal aluminum on the range, never had any issues. I plan on buying a few more. For carry I use OEM but I wouldn't feel uncomfortable using the Pmags from past experience.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I see a few hundred recruits shoot a thousand round course at our local police academy each year. Over 60% show up with a Glock pistol. Many of those are issued the MagPul magazines. We use either win clean or Remington frangible ammo. I have seen zero problems with these mags.

I have tested them with a variety or brass cased 147, 124, 115g ammo without issue. I shoot a lot of handloads through them (oal 1.1"). I haven't gotten my hands on any steel cased ammo but it seems reasonable that the case may bind in the tube and that excessively long cartridges might have a problem feeding.

I've also use them in a Wilson AR9 carbine. They work well
    Last edited by signal4l; 11-09-18 at 11:21.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for the input everyone!

For now, I think I'll stick with factory when stocking up, but I'll probably toss a couple more GL9s on the order for range use.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve had several issues with 17rd Magpul GL9 mags. I’ve had failures to feed with aluminum cased ammo and if the mags got sand in them. I only use mine for practice and dry fire however I’m considering picking up two of the ten round mags to see if they work with HST ammo for ban state carry.

Feedback Score
    I have put a ton of FC, WWB, S&B, reloads through them with no problems.

I have not used steel or aluminum.

Part of me says, real Glock mags are only ten bucks more a piece, why bother getting the magpuls.

The other part of me hates the Glock basepads so much I want to quit buying Glock mags.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Mine have been exceedingly reliable. I use the 15 and 17 round models and have a couple of 1#s for my 26. I only shoot brass cased ammo and shoot a fair amount suppressed. I estimate I've got 25k rounds through them spread across a half dozen guns.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Ran some G17 models last night at class through my 9/converted G23. No problems feeding Wolf mil-spec or aluminum Federali......and 1 box of S&B brass. I shot close to 400rds.

Feedback Score
    I have some. I have not had any problems with the 15 round and 12 round glock 26 mags. I carry the 12 round glock 26 mags in a Gen 3 and a Gen 5 26. I have about a thousand rounds through them. I shoot my reloads and Win PDX, have not tried steel cased ammo. I trust the 26 mags, I have shot them by far the most. I would love to convert 100% toMagpul because I hate the glock base plates.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have five of the 17 round mags and they have been 100% with a case of Winchester 124 through a gen 2 and 3 17 and a 19x. They also feed, drop free, and activate lrbho on a CMMG Banshee, which pleasantly surprised me.

At the moment I would only use oem for carry.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast