Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Savage AR's

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Please stop with your nonsense. I can't even begin to count the amount of Olympic Arms AR's I have seen that weren't even assembled correctly. Not to mention their factory dremeled feedramps into the upper receivers. Incorrect stakings on carrier keys, out of spec chambers, and commercial receiver extensions that weren't torqued and staked correctly at all. Accuracy would be the last of my concerns.

IMG_20170611_121025208.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bgreed View Post
    Let's I have built over 400 Olympic AR's from scratch. Back in the day when they would ship a box of parts including the reciever set.
    All would shoot sub MOA all day long. At the time Olympic was making the best AR's on the market. (Late 80's early 90's) I also refit a number of Colt's that couldn't hold a decent group but did after I installed a new Olympic barrel. So yeah if you have money to throw away just have your cherished name brand on the side go for it.

Like I said once the basics are there the rest is the shooter.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post

Anyone have any positive/negative experiences with this particular flavor of AR?
    I think the comment double made all hit the nail on the head.

1. They are a budget gun manufacturer. Why expect something different with an different platform.
    2. They aren’t bringing anything to market that isn’t already there.
    3. A good barrel is part of a good system, but imo, not enough reason to buy an AR.

Those are the reasons I wouldn’t buy one.
    But the biggest reason is that you can buy a rifle from a known entity like Colt and know that the quality checks are in place and they are proven. It’s like you know Yugo cars are cheap. And for the same price you could buy a Toyota, even a base model. Why would you buy a Yugo?

But that’s me and my opinion and after flying literally all night avoiding T-storms and landing in cities that were not part of my travel plans, who knows if I’m making sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    "Cause accurate" is a poor selling point for anyone knowledgeable about the AR platform.

I wouldnt waste money on one.
    So you don't care if your rifle is accurate, but you do care if it has a brand name on the side wow that makes tons of sense.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Please stop with your nonsense...
    That says it all!

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    Please stop with your nonsense. I can't even begin to count the amount of Olympic Arms AR's I have seen that weren't even assembled correctly. Not to mention their factory dremeled feedramps into the upper receivers. Incorrect stakings on carrier keys, out of spec chambers, and commercial receiver extensions that weren't torqued and staked correctly at all. Accuracy would be the last of my concerns.

As I said I did the assembly on all of the ones I built. All parts were in spec. I highly doubt those feed ramps came like that from the factory. I have never seen it and I know I have seen several times more than you. What do you call incorrect stalking? Was it not staked or just not where you prefer it?
    So were these actually factory assembled or by someone who bought a kit and assembled it? The only one spouting nonsense is you.

Feedback Score

As I said I did the assembly on all of the ones I built. All parts were in spec. I highly doubt those feed ramps came like that from the factory. I have never seen it and I know I have seen several times more than you. What do you call incorrect stalking? Was it not staked or just not where you prefer it?
    So were these actually factory assembled or by someone who bought a kit and assembled it? The only one spouting nonsense is you.

bgreed, I see you are not planning on staying here very long.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Those were factory purchased and owned by an agency in Washington State. I highly doubt you have seen many more AR's than I have, though I may be wrong. Incorrect is incorrect and that's pretty simple and has nothing to do with how I liked it.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So you don't care if your rifle is accurate, but you do care if it has a brand name on the side wow that makes tons of sense.

I think the reasoning is that the AR is a fighting rifle first and foremost and long term durability and the ability to function reliably during potentially high round-count situations is more important than being able to shoot a dime at 200 yds. Certain manufacturers adhere to or exceed many or all of the specs determined to be important in an AR pattern rifle intended for those "serious" purposes, and other manufacturers don't.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    bgreed - there are forums for people like you, however I don't think this is one of them.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The real question is, are they accurate? Are they reliable? After that the name on the side means little. The Colt snobs just like to hold up their's and say " you gotta have a Colt or it's crap" I have the pants off more guys with overpriced brand name AR's than I can count. Using Olympic Arms rifles. Once the basics are there the rest is up to the shooter.

Let's I have built over 400 Olympic AR's from scratch. Back in the day when they would ship a box of parts including the reciever set.
    All would shoot sub MOA all day long. At the time Olympic was making the best AR's on the market. (Late 80's early 90's) I also refit a number of Colt's that couldn't hold a decent group but did after I installed a new Olympic barrel. So yeah if you have money to throw away just have your cherished name brand on the side go for it.

Like I said once the basics are there the rest is the shooter.

4140 has been used for barrel making for years with great success. Nothing wrong with it. Again just gun snobs.

You went full retard. Never go full retard.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast