Thread: BDC reticle necessary for .300 BLK?

Feedback Score

BDC reticle necessary for .300 BLK?

I have an 8.5 inch .300 BLK pistol. I am considering an optic. I plan to use both supers and subs, suppressed and unsuppressed. Does it make sense to get an optic with some sort of .300 BLK BDC reticle, or just stick to a good non-compensated reticle?

I will almost never shoot this over 200 yards, but my eyes are getting older and am thinking about a LPVO of some sort, or I could do a red dot with a magnifier.

Feedback Score
    Mil Dot

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    ACOG with Horseshoe works great for me...map the drop and your gtg.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My two Blackouts are both sighted in at 50 yards with my supersonic handloads. The impact points at 50 and 100 yards are the same for both. At 50 yards the bullet is rising into its arc passing through the bullseye and at 100 it is falling through the bull. Where the BDC reticle on the scopes comes into play is for short range shots, or beyond 100 yards. With the center crosshair sighted for 50 yards, I use the second cross below center for 25. That is if your worried about dead center accuracy. An inch or 1 1/2" low from aiming point at 25 yards is still a dead deer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It could get complicated mixing it all up that way with suppressed/unsuppressed subs and supers. That being said, for that purpose above, I say it is necessary. You have Eotechs, Trijicon and Sig Sauer to choose from just to name a few. It sounds like although you don’t plan on going 200 yards over, you still wanna fire supers. With subs and an 8.5 barrel I think you’ll be just fine with subsonics hitting targets with that distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'm running PA's Gen ll 1-6 with the ACSS reticle for 300 BLK/7.62 Russian (yeah, I know). Glass isn't the greatest, but it's actually a decent scope for the modest cost.

With Supers it's "Minute of coffee saucer"-regarding the ranging ticks, which works for my purpose of deer hunting to 200 yds.
    Guess I look at the 300 BLK as a novelty hunting cartridge, but I think it a very effective CQB round.

Feedback Score
    1 x 4 (or 6). Zero for whatever config you use most. Get out there with a data book and chart where other POI are with the other configurations are at distances you will commonly encounter. Transfer to dope card. Tape to stock and practice. Enjoy!