Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Model 45 Information Thread

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

Glock Model 45 Information Thread

I'm posting this thread to see what others have noticed with their G45.

I have the G45 and the 19X but I'd like this thread to be limited to the G45 or at least be specific to the models.

The main reason I'm posting this is because I was recently issued the G45 and none of my after market magazines work in it. I have ETS 22 and 30 rounders, Magpul 17 and 21 rounders and every magazine that I have used other than the Glock magazines have induced a malfunction. I have used the new Gen5 Glock magazines and older Glock brand magazines and all have worked with no issue. Since the G45, I have had ZERO issues with any of the aftermarket magazines until now. I have used these magazines in all generations of Glocks including a Gen5 17 that I use very often.

When these malfunctions occurred, I was using either American Eagle 147gr or Federal 147 HST.

The malfunctions while using the ETS mags were failure to feed and two times, the rounds did not stack properly and were basically loose in the magazine.
    The malfunctions in the Magpul magazines were all failure to lock back.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    While I use OEMs for the most part, I did use ETS 22rd and Magpul 17 & 21rd mags in my G45 when I shot it the first couple of weeks.

All brass cased ammo (my Magpul Glock mags aren't reliable with steel) and they worked fine with no issues, but I only used one of each magazine one time only so I would know that they have worked in the past.

Since then and 95% of the time, I train only with OEMs, as I've had bad luck with PMAGs and steel. ETS have been fine but OEMs for the most part for me.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 11-09-18 at 20:36.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'm not really concerned about the after market mags as I have more OEM mags than all the after market mags combined. I'm just curious because I have had zero issues until the G45.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    And I had zero issues with my G45, albeit limited experience.

Good luck in your search.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have two G45 - one with Glock OEM NS, and the other with the Ameriglo sights. The former has about 700 rounds thru it, the later about 400.

I have used Glock factory mags and Magpul G17 pmags with both and both have been reliable.

In general, both guns have run exceptionally well. I really like the G45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    When these malfunctions occurred, I was using either American Eagle 147gr or Federal 147 HST.
    I have those loads and gl9 17's and 21's. I'll try to shoot those combinations today in some G45s.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fired 150 rounds of AE9FP and 121 rounds of P9HST2.
    21rd pmag failed to go to slide lock a little less than half the time, did not depend on ammo.
    17rd pmag failed to feed HST from slide lock a few times, sending round into the ramp. Occurred when mag was partially loaded.
    No ETS mags on hand to try.
    OEM 17rd and 24rd, no malfunctions.

Got solid reload reps in today. Thanks!
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I bought two 19X's and quickly purchased the first 45 that showed up, retail, not blue label. I've shot it several times and it now has roughly 800 rounds thru it. I also recently ordered 60 for our department based on my experiences and the desire to transition back to the 9mm. I have used several generations of factory magazines without failures. I'm not sure why but I've never bought an after market Glock magazine. I have considered a 9mm AR based carbine or pistol and as it would be a toy, might do it then. I'm not knocking on you but why use the after market mags? After the price of the weapon, accessories, ammo, etc it seems to not be the place to save a few dollars.

Is there a minor design change to the interior geometry of the new models that could be enough to cause a tolerance stacking issue?
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My G45 has run flawlessly and has become my favorite Glock. I’ve only run factory Gen 3, 4, and 5 mags though. OEM Glock mags are cheap enough, I don’t consider any of the aftermarket options desirable. I paid $18ech for my last batch of OEM Gen 4 mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have run Magpul mags in all three of my 19X's and both G45, not a single issue with any of them. Several thousand rounds multiple weights and brands. My magpul mags are older ones as well, and I know there were some issues with weak springs in older ones. Weak springs would cause the issues you have had. I had three brand new G23 mags that wouldn't lock the slide when empty. Replaced the springs and they worked perfectly. I would recommend contacting magpul and I would imagine they would replace them for you.

I have no experience with the ETS mags, so I can't offer any information.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast