Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Model 45 Information Thread

Feedback Score
    My gen5 G19 MOS has all the same internal changes that they’ve done to the G45, and it has run flawlessly for about 400 rounds with OEM old and new, PMags, and ETS. With AE 147gr, HST 147gr, and Rem UMC 115gr.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    My gen5 G19 MOS has all the same internal changes that they’ve done to the G45, and it has run flawlessly for about 400 rounds with OEM old and new, PMags, and ETS. With AE 147gr, HST 147gr, and Rem UMC 115gr.
    What are the internal changes you're talking about? I'm aware of the little notch on the breech face and the lack of half moon cutout on the front strap. Is there anything else?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nearing 1000 rounds down my G45, using almost exclusively Magpul and KCI aftermarket 17-rd mags and a mix of Barnaul, S&B, and Federal ammo.

Three FTFs in the first 200 rounds (with the Barnaul ammo in the Magpul mags), but flawless since then.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Fired 150 rounds of AE9FP and 121 rounds of P9HST2.
    21rd pmag failed to go to slide lock a little less than half the time, did not depend on ammo.
    17rd pmag failed to feed HST from slide lock a few times, sending round into the ramp. Occurred when mag was partially loaded.
    No ETS mags on hand to try.
    OEM 17rd and 24rd, no malfunctions.

Got solid reload reps in today. Thanks!
    Very similar issues... interesting!
    Serial number on my G45 is BHZE3xx
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    I'm not knocking on you but why use the after market mags? After the price of the weapon, accessories, ammo, etc it seems to not be the place to save a few dollars.
    The 21 rounders are great for training I obtained over half of these magazines for free so why not?

My last count off OEM Glock 17 rounders was 34 so my issue isn't the lack of OEM magazines or saving money, it's the wanting to know why the aftermarket mags don't work.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I honestly think the Magpul mags can work ok when clean, but when it comes to steel cased ammo, it's a friction issue.

Mine worked fine for several hundred rounds, then I started getting failures, mostly some type of failure to feed while using Wolf / Tula (I have a lot of it).

At first, since the mags had been fine, I attributed it to the G19. However when unloading some GL9 mags I would push the round out to unload, and the following round would take an excessive amount of time to feed into position - usually around .5 seconds but sometimes 2-3 seconds. Obviously if you are slow firing, you may not see it. But during any time of moderate rapid fire, this will cause issues.

I haven't had an issue with G17/19 ETS magazines and I think this is because the polymer is slicker than the Magpul mags.

And at first I sidelined the plastic aftermarket mags for training only, then just loaded them up with brass for a rainy day and put them in an ammo can and broke out more OEMs for training. Aftermarket mags were worth the try when you could get them on sale for $12 and OEMs were $25, however I can get OEMs for $19 and aftermarkets are now $15, it's no longer the case (especially with the issues I have with Magpul mags).

I really liked ETS 22rd mags and they have been great. But with OEM 19 / 24 rd mags, they are becoming less and less novel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    What are the internal changes you're talking about? I'm aware of the little notch on the breech face and the lack of half moon cutout on the front strap. Is there anything else?
    Want to know the same. Any input?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would never make this mistake:

But Im really surpised that Glock chooses to name a 9mm gun the '45'. Even though 45ACP wont chamber or even fit 9mm mags.... it just seems hokey.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I would never make this mistake:

But Im really surpised that Glock chooses to name a 9mm gun the '45'. Even though 45ACP wont chamber or even fit 9mm mags.... it just seems hokey.
    Hey the Glock 40 is 10MM. FoTAY

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Hey the Glock 40 is 10MM. FoTAY
    I don't understand the objection.

The Glock 22 isn't 22.

The Glock 25 isn't 25.

The Glock 32 isn't 32.

The Glock 38 isn't 38.

The Glock 40 isn't 40.

The Glock 41 isn't 41.

The Glock 44 probably isn't 44.

Yet the Glock 45 shouldn't be 9mm.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast