Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock Model 45 Information Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I have run Magpul mags in all three of my 19X's and both G45, not a single issue with any of them. Several thousand rounds multiple weights and brands. My magpul mags are older ones as well, and I know there were some issues with weak springs in older ones. Weak springs would cause the issues you have had. I had three brand new G23 mags that wouldn't lock the slide when empty. Replaced the springs and they worked perfectly. I would recommend contacting magpul and I would imagine they would replace them for you.

I have no experience with the ETS mags, so I can't offer any information.

TXPO
    You have 3 19x's and 2 g45's? Im not knocking you at all, but why?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Sierra View Post
    Why not?

There was one member on here who posted at one time, IIRC, that he had more than a dozen Gen3 and Gen4 G19s.

ETA: There was at least one other member who talked about buying and putting away a Colt 6920 and/or G19 whenever they had the money just laying around for them. I believe that Chuck Pressburg once said that his gun safe(s) resemble an arms room laden with mostly identical 9mm Glocks and mostly identical ARs.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 11-15-18 at 15:33.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Sierra View Post
    Why has nothing to do with it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I don't understand the objection.

The Glock 22 isn't 22.

The Glock 25 isn't 25.

The Glock 32 isn't 32.

The Glock 38 isn't 38.

The Glock 40 isn't 40.

The Glock 41 isn't 41.

The Glock 44 probably isn't 44.

Yet the Glock 45 shouldn't be 9mm.
    People gotta bitch about something .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Why has nothing to do with it.
    Yea, i agree if you got the cash and you want it, go for it. I just didnt know if there was some kind of testing going on. I have 9 Ar's and several types of Ak's. All different in either caliber or purpose, im not judging, just curious.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I had the G45 out a few times recently without issue but I haven't been using other than stock magazines. Monday I had to qualify a few officers so I brought some of my after market mags along. I used them all day and only had one failure to lock back on a Magpul GL21 and one on an ETS 22 rounder. No other malfunction types. Again the only ammo I used was American Eagle 147gr. and Federal HST 147gr.

The spring on the ETS magazine appears to be rusted.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I had the G45 out a few times recently without issue but I haven't been using other than stock magazines. Monday I had to qualify a few officers so I brought some of my after market mags along. I used them all day and only had one failure to lock back on a Magpul GL21 and one on an ETS 22 rounder. No other malfunction types. Again the only ammo I used was American Eagle 147gr. and Federal HST 147gr.

The spring on the ETS magazine appears to be rusted.
    Our first 30 came in and we started qualifying. Almost universal approval, from the small female that struggled with a 22 or 23 to the firearms instructors/SWAT guys. Definite increased scores as well. Have you received feedback yet from officers using it? Less expenisve ammo, increased scores, more capacity, it seems a win. By the way I asked the guys who buy aftermarket mags to let me know their experiences with them.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Why not?

There was one member on here who posted at one time, IIRC, that he had more than a dozen Gen3 and Gen4 G19s.

ETA: There was at least one other member who talked about buying and putting away a Colt 6920 and/or G19 whenever they had the money just laying around for them. I believe that Chuck Pressburg once said that his gun safe(s) resemble an arms room laden with mostly identical 9mm Glocks and mostly identical ARs.
    If a 6920 goes below $700----I always buy one. I have no need for it but it's just a reflexive action at this point

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    Our first 30 came in and we started qualifying. Almost universal approval, from the small female that struggled with a 22 or 23 to the firearms instructors/SWAT guys. Definite increased scores as well. Have you received feedback yet from officers using it? Less expenisve ammo, increased scores, more capacity, it seems a win. By the way I asked the guys who buy aftermarket mags to let me know their experiences with them.
    We Ordered 20 of them and only received 2 of them so far.
    I got one and the Chief got one and we gave our old duty guns to the new hires. (we ran out of pistols so there was no need to buy new M&Ps)
    I will be transitioning the entire department in April.
    I scored a 299/300 and the Chief scored a 298/300 on our qualifications when we transitioned. I let everyone at work, that wanted to, shoot my G45 and have not had a single negative comment.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    If a 6920 goes below $700----I always buy one. I have no need for it but it's just a reflexive action at this point
    No doubt, I bought a complete like new BCM lower for $200 a couple months ago, that was the last thing I need but could pass it up either.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast