Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: $600 AR15 any good?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    It is weird how places like Cabela's price the guns.
    Employees echo that sentiment. When the process was explained to me, portions were arbitrary, nonsensical, and rife with shenanigans. Despite corporate guidance.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Employees echo that sentiment. When the process was explained to me, portions were arbitrary, nonsensical, and rife with shenanigans. Despite corporate guidance.
    Difference between "best practices" vs. Policies and procedures? Pretty common in businesses that center around general consumer interactions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I'd like to hear that explanation, please. I've wondered about Cabela's pricing. What do you remember of it?
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.
    Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I worked part time at Cabela's a few years ago. One of the schemes that takes place by employees is a customer will bring a gun in looking to trade or sell. The employee helping the customer wants the gun for himself. He lowballs the trade offer, way low, and gives the "I'm sorry this is the best Cabela's can do. Tell you what, since the store can't offer you any more, here's my phone number, I'll give you $XXX for it." However, every once in a while, a customer will accept that lowball offer from the store, so once the gun hits the shelf, the store's markup percentage is applied to it, they don't price them at market value.

It's against Cabela's policy for employees to try to buy guns in a private sale from customers looking to sell or trade, but it happens. That's how you get $399 MAK 90s and $600 6920s. At the Cabela's I worked at, the Gun Library was who handled buying used and taking trades and if the manager was off that day, you had free reign to make lowball offers and ask the customer to sell it to you directly. I was just a lowly gun counter employee but I know of several times my coworkers in the gun library would make private deals with customers and get some awesome guns for next to nothing.

Feedback Score
    Nice work

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykdee View Post
    So I was at Cabelas today looking at their used AR's and ended up going home with a used AR15 with original box, 20 round mag, carry handle & streamlight TL3 flashlight. I paid $600 plus tax...Hopefully I got a good buy!
    Umm, a brand? a model? anything? I mean you could have made out, you could have got screwed. How the hell do we know, if we don't know what you got?

Feedback Score
    Some of the posts in this thread remind me of classic Liberal attitudes.

Assumptions without basis... prejudices without facts

On the other hand, some posters showed reserved judgement, asked questions, and didn’t slam the OP for no reason.

Okay...flame away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234