Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $600 AR15 any good?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Assuming you this isn't a late night troll post, you did well. I probably need to stop by there more often and see what's happening.
    100% true story. Its not often you can find deals at Cabelas but every once in a while you can get lucky! Also remember, everything in the gun library is usually negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I always buy used and mostly police trade ins. Half the price...at least. In 20 years I haven't had a problem. HKs and older Sigs under $400. Severall Glocks just under $300. The last 6920 was a little over $500. I buy used if I can help it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    I try to buy used most of the time also, I actually went into Cabelas yesterday to look for a used Glock 19 but every used one they had was $499 or higher!

That's ok though, I think I left with a better firearm!

Obviously that post is not meant for everyone on this site, but definitely for some. You all know who you are!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    While this thread belongs in GD, I think it's worth noting that this is the second NIB rifle I've seen sold at a Cabela's used gun rack for an unbelievable low price in the past week. The other was MAK90 NIB in the wrap, all accs. for $399.

If you got a NIB 6920 model with the carry handle for $600 than that is about the same type of deal as the Norinco. Thinking I might go check out my local Cabela's this weekend.
    WTF?

Hell, too bad I don't have a Cabela's near me. $600 NIB 6920's and $399 MAK-90's would cause my CC to melt!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    The other was MAK90 NIB in the wrap, all accs. for $399.
    I would have probably dislocated my shoulder with how fast I would have reached for my wallet to pay for that.

OP, you basically stole that thing. Congratulations!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have never seen any kind of deal like that up here... Great find. Best I got was a NIB pistol that had been sent back after the out of state buyer failed background. Cabela’s tends to be difficult about their prices around me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mykdee View Post
    Its called a joke...many of you guys need to calm down and laugh once in a while!! The point of my post was to show that every once in a while we can find great deals on great rifles!

Way to serious on this site sometimes....the funniest part is that most of you on here have no idea what it really takes to use one of these firearms in real situations, yet you act like you know what is best for said combat or real use!

Calm down...mall ninjas!
    Haha... This times a million! This forum can be a little... stiff sometimes. Hey nice deal on the Colt! My first one was a blue box carry handle/side sling era and it's still running like a sewing maching after years of abuse!

Feedback Score
    Took her out this morning, ran about 150 rounds total through her with absolutely no problems.

We were out shooting longer distances with our other rifles, rough pace count of 675 yards from 2 different people, for those that know pace count, give or take a few yards. I took 30 shots with my Colt with a TA31 mounted on it, including the shots that I took to figure out point of aim. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised!!!

***Shooting prone off a bag***
    Here is the steel target I was shooting at. 12”x15” target. I was using Federal 55 grain .223. I started with a clean Target and those are all of my shots from the 30 I shot at it.
    A5A901EA-B169-42CB-8B6A-4202325D1CC4.jpg
    Last edited by mykdee; 11-10-18 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Hell of a deal... Lucky. Used? Doesn’t look like it. How used was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Hell of a deal... Lucky. Used? Doesn’t look like it. How used was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t think it had even been fired other than from the factory!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    It all depends on the Cabela's. I live within walking distance of one in Texas. I stole an old Winchester Model 70 in .223 for $200 cash.

But I have also seen beat up rifles for more than the cost of one NIB. The prices at the Waco Cabela's are always high on their used guns.

But I got a S&W 640 in really nice shape for $300 here. A Winchester Model 12 shotgun made in 1928 was $300.

It all depends.
    Prices by me in FL suck. Not Gander Mountain bad, but bad.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    It is weird how places like Cabela's price the guns. I honestly think it depends who was working that day and how knowledgeable they are on the guns they are buying for the store. I stopped into the newer local Gander world the other day by where I live. They had a Glock 19 gen 4 in the used rack for $499. Right beside it they had a 17 Gen 4 for $319.99 . Both in like new condition

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast