Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Save a Case" Program?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

"Save a Case" Program?

Our city has received a $500K+ Federal grant for the purpose of registering fired cases to their respective guns/owners.

The cover story is; "this will better help in matching STOLEN guns to crimes, while enabling us to return these guns to their owners".

Call me cynical; I will rot in HELL before I bring fired cases from my firearms to the authorities.
    I can picture walking into the Police Station with a pillow case full of fired cases....... Right.

Curious what your thoughts are.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Sounds like they are trying to disguise a gun registration program.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yep. My thoughts as well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Aw hell naw.
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 11-14-18 at 07:46.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah, and let me also give you a DNA sample while I am there.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Voluntary or mandatory?
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Yeah, and let me also give you a DNA sample while I am there.
    This is my rifle, this is my gun....

Of course, then you have to tell them that you have either sold had the gun stolen, or else they go breach, boom, bang on your sleeping ass when the shell cases are traced back to your gun.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    Voluntary or mandatory?
    Voluntary as of now.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    While I realized that most guns that are stolen from law abiding citizens are not able to be returned because the original owner failed to keep a record of their serial numbers, I don't see any department actually allotting funding to do forensic tests on firearms to get them back to their owners. Owners need to take responsibility of keeping track of their stuff. In our state, getting a gun back if you have reported it stolen and have the serial number is a fairly efficient process still.

I don't know where the rest of the LEO world is at, but Alaska alone has a backlog of 3,500 rape kits yet to be tested, they aren't popping staff loose to test guns unless it's needed for a felony committed with that gun.

Feedback Score
    Wasn't this tried at the state level back East and was eventually stopped because it was too resource intensive and yielded few leads?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast