G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving Away from the 416?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    People at the level Stickman refers to want what they want. They usually aren't as invested as us online gun guys are with Brand X, Y, or Z. They want a capability, they want a performance, and they usually get it tailored to their specific and sometimes individual needs and desires.

It's like a Pro Football player wanted these cleats, these pads, etc etc. Why? Because he wants them to perform at a very very high level. So he gets it. Not because your preferred brand sucks donkey balls, but because he wants what he wants.
    - Rhino

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    What is their reasoning?
    Its lighter, easier to repair/maintain in the field, more reliable (endurance testing for the geissele upper was insanely successful...), and the BCG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    What you heard is true. Many are moving to the new geissele upper/m4 lower combo or back to the mk18. This has been a slow migration for awhile now, but has sped up with the introduction of the new geissele upper.
    Different than what I mean, but yes, that is certainly true as well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The user groups in USASOC with 416's MTOE are not migrating back to DI guns.

Also, I'm not seeing how a midlength URG equates with 10" assaulter guns.

Slightly off topic.. IMO The USMC should of went with an URG type solution v M27

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    The user groups in USASOC with 416's MTOE are not migrating back to DI guns.

Also, I'm not seeing how a midlength URG equates with 10" assaulter guns.

Slightly off topic.. IMO The USMC should of went with an URG type solution v M27
    Thanks for the info Dano, nice to see you back too.

/Thread closed

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Didn't the group that developed the HK416 initially want something like the MCX with the fordable stock?

I recall reading about Jim Schatz's thoughts on the MCX concept on HK Pro and how he thought that was the future.
    Alex, Owner of Saber Solutions LLC - sabersolutionsllc.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12