Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving Away from the 416?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    People at the level Stickman refers to want what they want. They usually aren't as invested as us online gun guys are with Brand X, Y, or Z. They want a capability, they want a performance, and they usually get it tailored to their specific and sometimes individual needs and desires.

It's like a Pro Football player wanted these cleats, these pads, etc etc. Why? Because he wants them to perform at a very very high level. So he gets it. Not because your preferred brand sucks donkey balls, but because he wants what he wants.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    What is their reasoning?
    Its lighter, easier to repair/maintain in the field, more reliable (endurance testing for the geissele upper was insanely successful...), and the BCG.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    What you heard is true. Many are moving to the new geissele upper/m4 lower combo or back to the mk18. This has been a slow migration for awhile now, but has sped up with the introduction of the new geissele upper.
    Different than what I mean, but yes, that is certainly true as well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    The user groups in USASOC with 416's MTOE are not migrating back to DI guns.

Also, I'm not seeing how a midlength URG equates with 10" assaulter guns.

Slightly off topic.. IMO The USMC should of went with an URG type solution v M27
    Thanks for the info Dano, nice to see you back too.

/Thread closed

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Didn't the group that developed the HK416 initially want something like the MCX with the fordable stock?

I recall reading about Jim Schatz's thoughts on the MCX concept on HK Pro and how he thought that was the future.

Feedback Score
    If i had to take a guess with my limited experience with a couple friends 416's, its that they're heavy, expensive and offer little advantage over a standard AR pattern rifle....unless you're one of those people that truly believe piston>DI then the 416 is all the rage to you. I'd also imagine that a piston gun such as the 416 presents challenges suppressing....i can't speak to that as no one owns a suppressor and a 416 together.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeetster View Post
    If i had to take a guess with my limited experience with a couple friends 416's, its that they're heavy, expensive and offer little advantage over a standard AR pattern rifle
    The 416 came about in the wake of years of bottom feeders flooding the market with overgassed, corner cut, garbage that gave the DI gun an unjustified bad rap in some internutsack circles. So I get that it has a civilian following with fans of the HK guns.

I'd love to play with a 416 some time. I have to admit that due to the horribly retarded attempts to make a piston AR work by every other yahoo on the planet have me pretty biased against the HK version. However the 416 has been around long enough now that it must work pretty well, or it'd be history too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It works phenomenally well and is a joy to clean too Mark. Not that a regular AR is hard, its just that much less mes to deal with after shooting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    The user groups in USASOC with 416's MTOE are not migrating back to DI guns.

Also, I'm not seeing how a midlength URG equates with 10" assaulter guns.

Slightly off topic.. IMO The USMC should of went with an URG type solution v M27
    I can't figure why the USMC ever went with complete weapons either. They could have gone with mod kits and made things easy.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’d give my left nut for a legit 416 10.4

Pinnacle of shorty perfection imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast