Thread: Lefty .308

Feedback Score

Lefty .308

Due to recent legislation in WA I need to finish my collection before next summer. First on the list is going to be my primary midrange+ rifle, and I think I've decided on a lefty .308, probably with 18-20" barrel. Beyond that things get murkier for me as the AR platform in general is new to me outside of limited military handling. Any recommendations? Is there something good off the shelf that won't need a second mortgage, should I look at building myself, etc? Any help appreciated.

FYI, already have a gifted MP-15 Sport II in my ZA box, but other than target shooting or apocalypse it wouldn't be my first choice (not overly fond of 5.56, not as good with my right, etc).

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just a few things to get to you started....

Firstly, I'm a lefty have a LMT MWS .308 and have zero problems or reasons to ever get a specific left handed AR outside of ambi controls on the lower, and maybe an ambi CH. It's the same for me with any AR15 as well. They make plenty of aftermarket ambi controls to make any traditional AR left handed friendly.

Secondly, if you haven't built a normal AR-15, I certainly wouldn't start out with a large frame AR build.

Something like this might work for you, and you already have it's little brother....
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...in-optic-ready
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 11-10-18 at 00:57.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    It's funny you linked that, since I ordered the 18" variant of that this morning when I saw it was on sale (down $700 from regular price).

Thanks for the input all!

Feedback Score
    Let us know how it works out for you. I hope you bought enough of the proprietary parts to keep it running/maintained since you purchased this due to new legislation.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Fortunately I have til July next year before anything important kicks in (providing it survives scrutiny in the courts). I just wanted to get a jump on filling the holes in the collection, and knew there'd be saving potential this time of year. I'm sure after I run it a while I'll decide on more than a few tweaks or additions, as well as filling the maintenance locker (which was a really good idea btw).