Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 11.5 HRT Barrel + what else?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    My experience is that approval takes about the same amount of time for Form 1's and Form 4's. Factory SBR's are sellable. It's very difficult to sell a SBR that you've Form 1'd yourself.
    I have heard of e-forms being approved in 2 weeks, including from folks I personally know; currently, only Form 1s are available on the e-forms, although rumor has it that Form 4s will be coming around the end of the year.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I have heard of e-forms being approved in 2 weeks, including from folks I personally know; currently, only Form 1s are available on the e-forms, although rumor has it that Form 4s will be coming around the end of the year.
    My e-form 1 was approved a week to the day (yesterday 11/19 actually) they received my fingerprints.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Getting back to the original question, if your looking for lightweight rail I would go with a BCM kmr or mcmr. Otherwise I would go Geissele MK8. Geissele generally has great black friday sales. For your BCG I would go with Colt, BCM, DD or if shooting suppressed Sionics. I personally think the Sionics is the best BCG on the market and in a suppressed gun it makes cleanup a breeze. Receivers, the BCM blems are hard to beat. If you dont want to go the blem route, BCM, Hodge (if you can find them), vltor mur, colt, noveske are all great choices.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Getting back to the original question, if your looking for lightweight rail I would go with a BCM kmr or mcmr. Otherwise I would go Geissele MK8. Geissele generally has great black friday sales. For your BCG I would go with Colt, BCM, DD or if shooting suppressed Sionics. I personally think the Sionics is the best BCG on the market and in a suppressed gun it makes cleanup a breeze. Receivers, the BCM blems are hard to beat. If you dont want to go the blem route, BCM, Hodge (if you can find them), vltor mur, colt, noveske are all great choices.
    I don't know why this got moved to the NFA forum considering it's not an NFA specific question.

I went ahead and picked up the HRT barrel from Shark Arms as well as a Colt BCG.

Now I'm just deciding on the rail and receiver. I keep vacillating between the BCM MCMR and the Centurion CMR M Lok. I feel like both have pros and cons that offset each other, making it a difficult decision. Going for it, the BCM has 7 sides of M Lok, weighs slightly less, has snap in rail covers, and is less expensive. The Centurion has a smaller outside diameter, built in sling swivels fore and aft, isnt as fanboi (queue butthurt).

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderzuk View Post
    I don't know why this got moved to the NFA forum considering it's not an NFA specific question.
    Your initial post said that you’re looking at building an SBR...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Geissele has the actual FBI handguard on sale, limited release Black Friday only, and you can pick colors!
    https://geissele.com/10-super-modula...ral-m-lok.html

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

I went ahead and picked up the HRT barrel from Shark Arms as well as a Colt BCG.

Now I'm just deciding on the rail and receiver. I keep vacillating between the BCM MCMR and the Centurion CMR M Lok. I feel like both have pros and cons that offset each other, making it a difficult decision. Going for it, the BCM has 7 sides of M Lok, weighs slightly less, has snap in rail covers, and is less expensive. The Centurion has a smaller outside diameter, built in sling swivels fore and aft, isnt as fanboi (queue butthurt).
    Personally I would go with the BCM. The centurion is too thin in my opinion. The barrel not on the BCM is also so easy to work with.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So I’m looking for an upper for my first SBR, and I’m thinking about picking up one of these HRT barrels from Grant. I wish it came at least as a barreled upper, but whatevs.

What are everyone’s suggestions for a receiver, bcg, and rail? I’m probably going to shave the fsb to fit under whatever handguard is utilized.

If there’s a completely different route y’all think I should go, I’m open to suggestions.

Thanks.
    I just picked up the Gielssele MK4 fbi rail in green. To me, the perfect match for this barrel. I’m tapped out for now after black Friday gun sales. All my December fun funds will be for Christmas presents.

If this barrel is still available in January I’ll pick one up to build an “FBI” upper for my colt 6933 and surefire socom 556rc2 when they get out of jail.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm pretty partial to the URX4. This is a sr15 re-barreled with a dimpled 11.5 HRT barrel.
    Last edited by GlocksInMySocks; 11-29-18 at 11:18.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12