Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt le6920 or bcm mid-16 mod 0...

Feedback Score

Colt le6920 or bcm mid-16 mod 0...

Had a psa ar-15 that was my first one and regretfully sold it...looking to get another one and been researching and have decided on these two.

The colt is a little cheaper and wondering should I spend just a little more money for the bcm. Really only thing I want to add is a red dot..

Been a lurker and just joined...this site definitely seems the most knowledgeable on the AR15..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnoliabreeze View Post
    Had a psa ar-15 that was my first one and regretfully sold it...looking to get another one and been researching and have decided on these two.

The colt is a little cheaper and wondering should I spend just a little more money for the bcm. Really only thing I want to add is a red dot..

Been a lurker and just joined...this site definitely seems the most knowledgeable on the AR15..

Don't regret the PSA sale, at all. You enjoyed it, got to use it, and now you're looking at the right stuff.

6920 is an all around fantastic rifle. If I recall correctly, that one should come with an H2 Buffer, though I may be mistaken and it might come with a Carbine. YMMV there.

The BCM Mid is another great option. I have never had, specifically, a BCM mid, but I will say my Midlength runs smoother and better than anything I have so far. Mixed it with an A5 system and it really does a fantastic job in running with very little impulse and sight movement with 5.56.

Best of luck in your decisions, I can say you are making a good choice with either of them. It comes down to preference, rail option, and gas length at this point.

Feedback Score
    Ok...kinda new to the ar15 platform and see the bcm is a mid length and the colt is a carbine..the mid length is more preferable right...thx

Does one have less recoil out of a carbine vs middy?

Feedback Score
    they would both serve you well, id lean towards the bcm just because of the mid length gas

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with either choice. Both are solid rifles. These days I'm a fan of the Colt 6920 OEM models that come without furniture in the $750 range. Saves a little money and I'm gonna replace the furniture anyways and I don't need anymore basic M4 stocks and handguards laying around here. Here's an OEM 2 for $740.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...oducts_id/2680

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Does one have less recoil out of a carbine vs middy?
    Less recoil from the mid gas system because the gas has a longer distance to travel and thus the pressure reduces.

Either way, pick one. Get the colt and some ammo for close to the price of the BCM most likely.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I have a Colt 6920 and a BCM Middy, and they are both great guns and either one will serve you well. Which models are you looking at specifically? The Colt LE6920 Trooper is hard to beat for the price if you haven't looked at that. You can pick one up for around $870 and it comes with a Centurion MLOK rail.

As for recoil, I have both carbine and mid length ARs, and the difference in feel is hard to quantify, but I feel like the mid length guns do feel a bit smoother. If you are worried about recoil, a good muzzle brake will help, and I also prefer running a heavier buffer like an H2 in most of my ARs.

Good luck in your search and you're picking from 2 great options.

Feedback Score
    Yea really like the mod 2, but trying to stay within my budget. That’s a great looking rifle there. What is that piece called right under the flashlight under the barrel? Is that something I could add to the mod 0?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea really like the mod 2, but trying to stay within my budget. That’s a great looking rifle there. What is that piece called right under the flashlight under the barrel? Is that something I could add to the mod 0?
    It is the BCM Gunfighter KAG (picatinny version). They do have the Keymod version that should work with the handguard on the Mod 0.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMG...kag-km-blk.htm
    Last edited by Renegade04; 11-13-18 at 13:15.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have a BCM ELW 16" Mid-upper on a Mega lower I built. I love middies in general but nothing is wrong with a Colt Trooper 6920 (I have one of those coming).

BCM is great but if you are stretched for money, it's really hard to beat the value of a Colt 6920 Trooper right now at $870. The BCM gives you more if you want their stock / grip and PNT, but if you want to upgrade to other stuff, the Colt might be the better call.

Honestly either way you'll be fine. Both are great rifles.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast