Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt le6920 or bcm mid-16 mod 0...

Feedback Score
    Where’s the best place to buy from for the colt trooper at that price?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I own a Colt LE6920-R (Trooper) as well as a couple 16" mid-length BCM uppers (one an ELW). They perform similarly enough that I wouldn't currently pay very much over the price of a Trooper to get into one of the BCMs.

Buds tends to ship rather slowly for my orders, but they're a solid option.

I don't think I've used Hinterland Outfitters, but I've not read anything negative about them.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Why do you have a budget? Is there some major crisis coming that is going to prevent you from saving for a few more months?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnoliabreeze View Post
    Yea really like the mod 2, but trying to stay within my budget. That’s a great looking rifle there. What is that piece called right under the flashlight under the barrel? Is that something I could add to the mod 0?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Well just can’t see spending more than $1500 for what I want with the rifle and a red dot. I have other hobbies also..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Nothing wrong with either choice. Both are solid rifles. These days I'm a fan of the Colt 6920 OEM models that come without furniture in the $750 range. Saves a little money and I'm gonna replace the furniture anyways and I don't need anymore basic M4 stocks and handguards laying around here. Here's an OEM 2 for $740.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...oducts_id/2680
    Got one coming for $605 including shipping. Arms Unlimited.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I've got both, and honestly I prefer the LE6920 over the BCM Mod 0 middy. It's hard to quantify why, but the 6920 is just fun to shoot, and lighter than the Mod 0. True that the mid-length is a tad softer, but an H2 (or A5 buffer system) can take care of that, and you got to love Colt barrels. I find it an added bonus with the carbine length that if you find yourself shooting underpowered ammo, you shouldn't have any problems with it. Honestly though, I doubt you would with the BCM either. I have other BCM uppers too, I'm a big fan of both brands, so so I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Feedback Score
    The BCM Mid-16 Mod 2 is almost double the price of the Colt6920 Trooper…. Based on your budget, I would save the extra $700 and get the Trooper and then put the extra $ into things like a red dot, sling, mags, ammo, and training. I think BCM makes awesome guns, but the Trooper sounds like a better fit for you, and I have one and it is an excellent gun.

As for where to buy, ArmsUnlimited used to have the Colt Trooper for screaming deals, but I don’t see them on their site anymore. Outside of that, BudsGuns is usually one of the cheapest places to find guns, and I’ve bought 4-5 guns from them and they are good to go. I think their price is $868.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Got one coming for $605 including shipping. Arms Unlimited.
    When did you order it? They've been outta stock every time I've checked.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    When did you order it? They've been outta stock every time I've checked.
    They had a sale at the beginning of November, right after Brownells discontinued the Colt lowers.

OP, it’s hard to beat all the boxes that get checked with the Colt Trooper, just understand you’ll have to drop a little more money to get iron sights. I would plan on spending another ~$100 for Daniel Defense fixed iron sights. You’ll be in under $1000 with a great barrel and a free-floating, quality handguard. I also got one of the ArmsUnlimited deals and plan to add an extra Centurion OEM rail to it...to turn it into a Colt Trooper. Only, I know I’ll get the barrel nut torqued right. As some have pointed out, the midlength gas system is generally more desirable, but at the skill level it seems you are (and where I am not far from either), the Trooper is all you need. You can always buy another nice upper, like a Sionics or Colt CCU or BCM midlength.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    At $868, the Trooper is damn hard to ignore.

Would you be likely to add a free float handguard to the BCM Mod 0 if you went that route?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast