Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Colt le6920 or bcm mid-16 mod 0...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    What is your experience with ARs? As in, have you handled different setups with standard carbine handguards / FSBs, as well as the newer longer railed guns?

I know it sounds crazy but to me they handle entirely different. Caveat - my railed gun experience is a 6920 Trooper with a gov't profile barrel, the LW barrels may be different.

My 6720 feels much lighter, smaller, and compact because the weight sits right between your hands. It's absolutely quicker handling to me inside a house or whatever.

My Trooper feels much more front heavy and more like a traditional rifle in my hands. It's not a bad thing, just different, and feels more at home with a magnified optic on it.

So, for me the 6720/6920 with a red dot is great for a home defense close range night time gun while the Trooper or CCU with a low power optic is great for normal rifle type stuff.
    Thanks for that...great info. Just got back from academy sports and handled a 6920 and it felt great and easy to handle. They didn’t have a CCU. Would like to handle one before I decide. Gonna call around the local gun shops and see if anybody has one.

Feedback Score
    I have a 6920, 6720 and CCU.

Really like them all. But the CCU is in the truck daily now. Just shot a buck and a bobcat with it the other day. Super nice balance to it...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    If I were trying to get the absolute most bang for my buck on two or three rifles at once, I'd be looking at 6920s. If I were trying to do the best I could for the purchase of a single rifle of your options, I'd buy the CCU. Its honestly a win-win situation, and once you make a purchase, it will hardly matter what direction you went. Buy ammo, mags, the appropriate optic and dont look back. I own a version of each and both rifles do the job well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    If I were trying to get the absolute most bang for my buck on two or three rifles at once, I'd be looking at 6920s. If I were trying to do the best I could for the purchase of a single rifle of your options, I'd buy the CCU. Its honestly a win-win situation, and once you make a purchase, it will hardly matter what direction you went. Buy ammo, mags, the appropriate optic and dont look back. I own a version of each and both rifles do the job well.
    i will probably just get this 1 rifle and be done with it. Might save a little while longer and get the bcm mid 16 mod 2. I really want the iron flip up sights on the purchase of the rifle. Still got time to make a decision for I plan on waiting til after thanksgiving.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnoliabreeze View Post
    i will probably just get this 1 rifle and be done with it. Might save a little while longer and get the bcm mid 16 mod 2. I really want the iron flip up sights on the purchase of the rifle. Still got time to make a decision for I plan on waiting til after thanksgiving.
    Sounds good. Let a moderator know when you've actually acted on any of the advice you've received in this 8-page thread, and it will be reopened.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678