Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Colt le6920 or bcm mid-16 mod 0...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    If you go the route described above, here’s a snapshot of what it could look like.

$550 Colt CCU Upper on sale/coupon code at Brownells. I got mine for $491, and a recent code would have been $530. But for example.

$125 Colt or Centurion BCG

$375 Sionics lower with same stock, equal pistol grip, same ambi safety, but a couple bonus items like QD end plate, smoother trigger, and better buffer spring.

Plus you still need a charging handle.

You won’t really save money right now, and your gun won’t “match” if you try to sell it at some point. This is what I did, it may have been worth it then but isn’t at this moment in gun sales time.
    If you go with the Sionics gutless blem lower for $120 option you could throw in a Larue MBT trigger and other parts needed for $300 or less and have a really nice lower

Feedback Score
    Thx for all the advice.. I’m getting one for the range and also I take out to my mother in laws when we visit her. She lives way out in the sticks and I go shooting with my brother in law. He has one also. I want it for home defense although I have a couple of pistols too, sig p320 carry and a glock 19 gen 5. I love shooting these guns and and want to get a higher quality AR than the psa I had.

After all considerations, gonna do colt and deciding between the trooper and the CCU.

Patrol rifle 3E...reading good thing about sionics and that rifle is within the budget..should I also consider that one?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnoliabreeze View Post
    Patrol rifle 3E...reading good thing about sionics and that rifle is within the budget..should I also consider that one?
    Absolutely.

As you likely know, it's very similar to the LE6960. One difference that may matter to you is that the Sionics receiver extension allows for six adjustments, while the Colt will come with the standard 4 position one. My Colt lower that uses a traditional receiver extension still has the factory one, and it works fine for me.

The Sionics Enhanced trigger might be better than a factory Colt trigger, but it might not. My Trooper came with the best standard trigger I've ever used. LaRue's MBT is still on sale, and I highly recommend them. I ordered a couple more a couple days ago, and they'll go into Colt lowers.
    Last edited by grizzman; 11-15-18 at 21:50.

Feedback Score
    After all considerations, gonna do colt and deciding between the trooper and the CCU.
    Both are well made, dependable, bet the farm quality carbines. For $1,500 I’d snag the Trooper, an Aimpoint Pro, a set of mbus sights, a proctor sling, and Surefire G2X tactical. Done. Well, done except for mags and ammo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnoliabreeze View Post
    Yes, I've been very happy with the Sionic's stuff I've purchased (barrels and lowers)

Also, in about that price range is another BCM rifle, the 16" Recce.

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/ca...arbine-5-56mm/
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-L...e-p/le6920.htm
    Going with this I have decided...great price

Feedback Score
    Good choice lol. After all that you went with the default gun everyone should start with anyway

Feedback Score
    Solid carbine, OP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's definitely the easy button. Plus you don't have to worry about all the fashion trends in regards to rails, attachment systems, etc.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Great choice. You can’t go wrong with that.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast