Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Compare HK LEM trigger to Glock with minus connector and NY1 spring?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Completely agree.....but the Lite LEM is very close to a stock VP9 trigger....I have both
    It is very close much like an apple is to an alligator, but to each to his own. I have both. Both are great.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    It is very close much like an apple is to an alligator, but to each to his own. I have both. Both are great.

PB
    Take up is different but no creep and quick reset make them similar....my two cents.. Have you tried a USP with Lite LEM and a nickel plated sear spring? That is a sweet set up as well

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Take up is different but no creep and quick reset make them similar....my two cents.. Have you tried a USP with Lite LEM and a nickel plated sear spring? That is a sweet set up as well
    No but I have played with the "Experts" and some of those high speed deals they make. HK is good stuff for sure.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    No but I have played with the "Experts" and some of those high speed deals they make. HK is good stuff for sure.

PB
    Agreed.. I wish HK did a factory Lite LEM conversion for my P2000SK V3... I called and they don't officially...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have been running Glocks (G17, G23) with NY1 trigger spring/"-" connector for about 5 years now. It's my preferred setup, as for me, it yields a smoother "roll" to the entire pull. Crisp reset, yet less noticeable "wall" in between.

Have shot a HK P2000 with LEM. Don't know which weight it was, but it seemed very light. I liked it.

I agree, it's apples to oranges. That LEM seemed lighter but longer than the way I run my Glock pistols. Very different feel, though.

Feedback Score
    The grip angle is also different between Glocks and HKs. With the more forward grip angle of the Glock, my trigger finger drags on the upper part of the trigger guard/frame. The straighter grip angle of the HK pretty much fixes this for me. This is one more aspect of why I like the HK grip and trigger over the Glock, it just seems to fit me better.

Feedback Score
    Agreed.. I wish HK did a factory Lite LEM conversion for my P2000SK V3... I called and they don't officially...
    HK USA don't. HK Gmbh does. It is called V0 (while all LEMs are called "CDA" in HK Gmbh nomenclature, V0 is called "CDA/DA") this is how P2000 and P2000SK initially were made for German Police. My P2000 and P2000SK both came from factory in V0. What you need to convert V3 to V0 are 3 parts: spurred LEM hammer, LEM cocking piece and LEM hammer elbow spring. This 3 parts replace hammer. All other parts are same for V0 and V3 (including de-cocker button). What you do not easily have in US from this parts is spurred LEM hammer. You only can get bobbed one (used in V1, V2 and V4 variants). Practical difference is that when you push de-cocker in V0, you relieve tension on hammer spring and you can cock it back using spurred hammer (exactly like you can go from DA to SA in V3), but with bobbed hammer you can't do it and you are stuck with DA first pull.

EDIT: You have V0 specification on bottom of P30 product page on HK website. P30 uses same trigger variants (and same parts) as P2000/P2000SK: https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/prod.../overview.html
    Last edited by montrala; 11-21-18 at 05:30.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    I'll tell you one thing, make sure you try the LEM before you buy it. I absolutely HATE the LEM trigger.
    I put one in my USP and I thought it would a constant pull weight all the way through, like a really light revolver trigger. It was just a lot of take up then a single action trigger break.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I put one in my USP and I thought it would a constant pull weight all the way through, like a really light revolver trigger. It was just a lot of take up then a single action trigger break.
    This is probably the best description. After trying to like the hk45c trigger I put an LEM in it. Very long take up with a disappointing finale at the end. For comparison I run 3.5 connectors with 6 lbs spring. They are nothing alike. I will say the break in the LEM is more "pronounced" and cleaner.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The amount of wall feeling at the end corresponds to the LEM spring set you choose. A V1 is going to have more wall at the end than a V2. A V2 with light firing pin block and 10 or 11lb hammer spring is the closest to a revolver. It’s still closer to a self-decocking TDA than a revolver. This, with a lazy wolf reset reduction makes a very nice pistol for appendix carry.

LEM is not for everyone. I have been using it for at least 10 years, and there are days I wish it wasn’t LEM. The LEM trigger lets you know really fast when your fundamentals are off. The upside is that when you get good with LEM, you can pick up almost any other non-1911 trigger and run it with reasonable-to-high proficiency. Still, pushing below a 0.25 split while maintaining A-zone with LEM is HARD (for me at least).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast