Thread: Incredibles II (Review)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Incredibles II (Review)

If you enjoyed the first one, you'll enjoy the second one, but it lacks something hard to define. The movie attempts to throw everything but the kitchen sink at you, as well as attempt to cover social topics we don't really need addressed in a Disney/Pixar film, and it just tries to hard. CGI is excellent, but unlike the first movie, does not take advantage of it well. Some good dialogue, but tries way too hard to be socially awares to just be fun...Two, took them so long to do II, those who enjoyed the first one probably college age by now and "too cool" to watch such things. I had high hopes for this one... B-

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The first movie was well crafted and the pacing, storytelling, dialogue and character development shows it. The pace of the second movie was just too fast to absorb what was going on. Too many modern movies are like that.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Possible spoiler alert, but I'm trying not to.

Pro: I absolutely loved the portrayal of Jack Jack. It really hits home.

Con: the roster of other superheroes was weak and tedious.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    One of the other things I think was it was also kind of predictable- Let's just say it's rather apparent who the villain is going to be fairly early in the movie... And some other elements are also a bit to "easy". It was fun enough to be enjoyable, but it wasn't "interesting".

Jack-jack is still pretty great though.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The first movie was well crafted and the pacing, storytelling, dialogue and character development shows it. The pace of the second movie was just too fast to absorb what was going on. Too many modern movies are like that.
    Made for people with attention spans of snapchat users.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Made for people with attention spans of snapchat users.
    Enough with the in-depth analysis...

The original one was a top 50 greatest action movies of all time. This one I agree was good, but not as good. I think it suffers from the same issue as Pulp Fiction, Kick-Ass, and Dead Pool; they are so different than what came before them, that they are really hard to top since their original movie becomes a standard. Being faithful to the 1st one and groundbreaking is very difficult to achieve.

The lines about doing the kids math homework hit a little too close to home....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Enough with the in-depth analysis...

The original one was a top 50 greatest action movies of all time. This one I agree was good, but not as good. I think it suffers from the same issue as Pulp Fiction, Kick-Ass, and Dead Pool; they are so different than what came before them, that they are really hard to top since their original movie becomes a standard. Being faithful to the 1st one and groundbreaking is very difficult to achieve.

The lines about doing the kids math homework hit a little too close to home....
    I'm sure there's parts that parents can appreciate and commiserate with. Not being a parent, I can only guess. I was not very good at the old math!
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info: