Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheap 1911 magazines are bogus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    https://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-El...oductinfo/500/

Some of these are on the way. No more gun show cheapies.

Feedback Score
    What would you all use for in this order,Mags for competition Range use and CCW.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alcante262 View Post
    What would you all use for in this order,Mags for competition Range use and CCW.
    GI 7 rounder, GI 7 rounder, GI 7 rounder

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The new Shooting Stars deserve a look. There is a significant update to both the lips and the follower (the follower being the issue for me in the past). They are now in my top three, joined by Tripp Research and Wilson. Just today I'll be ordering some mags and things for a customer and I will order from Tripp. Their "Super 7" kit makes good mags out of bad mags the majority of the time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Wilson ETM mags have arrived. They look like a piece of industrial equipment. Soon as I get a chance during the holidays, I'm going to test 'em out. They look like they were built to be shot to the moon and work when they land there.

Feedback Score
    I bought a bunch of those NIW USGI magazines about 15 years ago. I've had one go bad on me, but I didn't CCW with them. For anything that involves self defence it's either Wilson or Nighthawk. For anything with a score it's ACT.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I tested my new Wilson ETMs at the range. Flawless function. Although my 1911s are my range toys, I'd bet my life on them without hesitation. They're on sale still at Brownell for $25 each.

Feedback Score
    I've got a mix of Colt-marked mags and GIs. Had a Colt 8-rounder that the factory swapped me back for a 7.
    Strictly 7 round, and nothing but ball. But I'm shooting just to entertain myself.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I stick to Wilson 47Ds for ‘best mags’ & Chip McCormicks for ‘best bang for the buck’ mags.

I wanted a few GI style mags like the one that came with my old Colt and bought some MecGars with the flat followers. While MecGars are usually the best, these won’t always run hollow points or my 200gr. lead SWC reloads. But the original Colt mag will, and the Wilsons & Chips will too.

The MecGars also wouldn’t run 100% in my RIA even with 230gr. ball ammo.

Feedback Score
    Wanderson, tolerance stacking does strange and wonderful things.
    I've no MecGar .45 Mags, but have some 9mm ones, and have been happy with them.
    Moon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123