Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap 1911 magazines are bogus

Feedback Score
    Cheap anything is bogus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rexster314 View Post
    I got this tool from Brownell's over 30 years ago. It reshapes 1911 magazines. The bar goes into the magazine and the yoke goes on top of the tool and magazine. A few taps with a hammer and you've got a like new mag. Tapping the magazine walls while it rests on a bench block will true up the magazine. I've taken GI surplus and made them into competition magazines with this tool

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'd like to see a video of that procedure. You're not under any obligation, of course, but looking at the picture I don't see how you'd do it.
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.
    Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    Cheap anything is bogus
    No. I've had a number of very cheap or free dates that were un-Bogus.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    I'd like to see a video of that procedure. You're not under any obligation, of course, but looking at the picture I don't see how you'd do it.
    Product: https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...s-prod911.aspx

Instructions: https://www.brownells.com/guntech/ma....htm?lid=10302 (you have to click where it say 'Click here to view inst 430 mag pdg in another folder' locked under the bold faed Magazine Lip Forming Tools
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 11-16-18 at 20:15.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Thank you!
    "When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Feedback Score
    Beat me to it
    I was the range officer for our department. Also went through an armorer's course in 1986. This was one of the first tools I bought. A lot of the officers were transitioning from wheelguns to semi's. Those that chose the 1911 style would have feed problems 70% of the time. This tool solved most of the feed problems. A lot of us would buy those 3 for 15$ generic magazines, run them with this tool, and they would feed like Wilson's and the other premium magazines.
    Last edited by rexster314; 11-16-18 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I had some Shooting Star 8 rounders in early nineties, maybe even late eighties, not sure. After a long time fooling with them trying to get them to work, one day at the range in a fit a anger I tossed them all on the ground & stomped the ever lovin shit out of them. FELT GOOD MAN. Ill never own another one.
    Interesting. I've had plenty of Shooting Star mags and have no problems with them. Then again, some 1911s are particular about the mags they use.

In any case I use Power mags for serious purposes and Shooting Stars for the range.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Backorder. I hate backorder.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    same for me. My springfields only like Chip mccormick mags. I use shooting stars for range mags, power mags for my duty/cc mags. In 9mm I only use metal form, they are the only ones that seem to work (I have two STIs and a ruger). I tried Wilsons in my springfields and my STIs and the guns locked up tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    Interesting. I've had plenty of Shooting Star mags and have no problems with them. Then again, some 1911s are particular about the mags they use.

In any case I use Power mags for serious purposes and Shooting Stars for the range.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    I can’t believe how hard it is to get GI 7 rounders down here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast