Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many magazines?

Feedback Score
    Pretty much what others have said.

5 bare minimum.

Carry/stash mags kept with carry ammo and fired occasionally for function and kept clean.

5 more for training/dumping on ground etc.

5 more kept new to replace mags that may get lost, damaged, or worn.

So 15 for me just starts to get comfotable. If your concerned about inheritance, discontinued production, law restrictions, trade fodder and/or profit after law restrictions, you'll want more than that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Nothing silly about that.
    If you have one or two ARS, it sounds reasonable.

If that’s only like three mags per AR, that’s pretty light.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    like many others, I buy mags here and there and have large boxes of mags stored. I just bought 10 last week for no good reason other than back up and I dig it.

I go with 5 min on handguns like many others

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5-10. Depends on the gun, I only have a three for my G43 or XDs but my full size I keep more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As many as you can afford and are willing to store. The AWB has made me a horder of sorts when it comes to mags. I buy them when they have crazy good sales and stow them in bins for tough times.

Feedback Score
    For AR mags I bought a few 10 packs since the last panic when they got real cheap. My wife asked why I had so many and I reminded her the time I showed her them going for $80 on the internet. Told her they could be our retirement mags!
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    For those of us that shiver at the mention of "1994," there is no end point. Keep adding here and there as things go on sale, funds are available, etc.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    No such thing as too many magazines or too much ammo. I probably have about 50+ Glock mags.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I really only have one carry type pistol. My G22. I keep like 10 full cap mags. But if I get a wild hair and buy another format pistol, I like to have a set of 6 full cap mags... 3 carry, and 3 spare.

I shoot pistol so rarely, that a bunch of mags doesn't make sense for me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have 10 full capacity mags and a few 10 rounders because they make me reload more when at a class.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."- Claire Wolfe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast