Thread: Looking at Seekins Precision Rook or Nest flash hiders.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Looking at Seekins Precision Rook or Nest flash hiders.

Current project is a Core15 lower w/ Aero Precision upper, Aero Precision 16" fluted barrel etc, etc .... Its a fair amount lighter build than I usually do. I am not concerned about recoil or muzzle flip reduction, killing flash is the key. I have looked at a fair number of different reviews and videos (including the video by whoever the guy was that did the shootout with the JP winning.)

I have been leaning toward the Seekins Precision Rook or their Nest (enclosed.) Does anyone have experience with these both? or even one of them? I may also consider the JP flash hider.

Now I have read some about the "ping" made by some flash hiders, it's my understanding that it is common on 3 prong devises. Is this the case and is it most common with all 3 prong or are there some that do not have the "ping?" One reason I am looking at the Nest is the enclosed end, but does it hide, kill, suppress (what ever term you want to use) the flash close to as well as the open ended 3 prong devises?

Thanks
    Last edited by duramaxtech; 11-14-18 at 14:32.