Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone here sold their brass for scrap?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've sold brass to a local scrap yard a few times. I have a container that I put all the brass with loose primer pockets, split necks, etc. When I get enough to justify a trip I'll drop it off. Prices are usually around $1.35 or so around here.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I would keep it separated and sell to reloaders the desirable brass, run of the mill stuff for scrap when prices are high or if you intend to reload, keep some for yourself. When shooting, ask the neighbors if they keep their brass and volunteer to pick it up if they approve.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    When shooting, ask the neighbors if they keep their brass and volunteer to pick it up if they approve.
    We found that standing with a bucket to catch brass ejecting from shooters' rifles was a little presumptuous.

Just kidding... I love to see the look on their faces if I did that though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've done it for years.
    Aside from reloading 9mm and 5.56 for quantity shooting, I also load a number of older, military surplus calibers. Invariably I shoot some of that stuff that's Berdan primed, which I don't/won't reload. Combining those with .22LR brass will get you to filling 5 gallon buckets over time.

It's always classified as 'Clean, Yellow Brass' by the scrap yards, and watching the prices as suggested by other members is always a good idea.
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12