Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wierd glock malfunctions.

Feedback Score

Wierd glock malfunctions.

Ive shot several hundreds of rounds through my g20 since changing out the internals to Zev parts. Those parts are: plunger, striker spring, skeletonized striker, trigger assembly and a glockmeister 22# recoil spring. I think thats all. So this is where it gets wierd. Yesterday i wanted to test some hot loads from underwood and sig. I fired the first round, bang the brass ejects and loads another round however when I go to release the trigger it stays locked back, no reset. Wtf? So i repeat with the same results with both sig and Underwood over and over again. I give the gun to my wife and she shoots 2 full mags, no malfunction. Im pissed, I load up, failures again, gun cycles fine, no trigger reset. Now it gets wierder, I load up some weak range ammo, it runs 100% for about 150 rds for both me and my wife. So I chalked it up to some strange coincidence. I then deduced that my wife probably just slaps the trigger and doesnt hold it back easing off for reset. I load the Underwood back up slap the trigger 3 times and it cycles fine. Then i do the whole hold back wait for click but there isnt one. Trigger locked back again and again and again. The wierdest thing is it didnt matter how i shot it with weak ammo but with the hot loads you had to quickly slap the trigger or it wouldnt reset. Wierd.

Feedback Score
    I would narrow the search to trigger assmebly and striker spring.
    Start swapping parts for stock (id try the while trigger group first) and see what fixes it.

Fwiw, ime you should never hold back the trigger (accuracy). Thats said, its not an answer to your problem..
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-15-18 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I would narrow the search to trigger assmebly and striker spring.
    Start swapping parts for stock (id try the while trigger group first) and see what fixes it.

Fwiw, ime you should never hold back the trigger (accuracy). Thats said, its not an answer to your problem..
    I switched every part back to oem this morning. I hate the trigger but the gun works now. Still the weirdest thing, i cant figure how hot loads cause the malfunction while ive run several hundred range loads with no malfunctions at all. I did put the glockmeister recoil spring back in with no detrimental affect. So im keeping that in.

Feedback Score
    Double post error.
    Last edited by Bravo Sierra; 11-15-18 at 14:25. Reason: Double post error

Feedback Score
    One more thing i forgot to mention. I had the gunsmith look at it and he seemed to think the plunger was crudded up and that was the cause. To me, that doesnt explain the whole hot vs range load malfunctions. Plus its had less than a thousand rds through it, i cant imagine it being crudded up.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Zev got another one!

Feedback Score
    Switching perfectly fine OEM parts with Zev parts and suddenly the gun malfunctions. Never ever heard of this before.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hopetonbrown View Post
    Switching perfectly fine OEM parts with Zev parts and suddenly the gun malfunctions. Never ever heard of this before.
    Yeah, it's not a Glock malfunction, it's a Zev malfunction!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I don't have any Zev parts but some of the guys I shoot with in USPSA use them. You might want to post your issue at brianenos.com in the Glock forum. They may have a solution for you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Identify the load with which this most commonly occurs.
    Reinstall one OEM component at a time and test fire, follow the changes.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast